The sale to Istanbul that has been available from Chicago and Newark is also available from Washington D.C.
- November 12th – 19th. Valid for travel from October 20th – December 10th. Use ITA Software Matrix Airfare Search and flexible month search to see availability. Must purchase by October 20th. While the valid purchase period is long, it doesn’t mean inventory will be available if you were to try to buy this, say, over the Summer. If you plan to go, purchase sooner rather than later.
- DCA – EWR (Newark) – IST (Istanbul) – EWR – DCA
- 10,424 miles or 5.7 cents per mile
- Use dates found on ITA Software Matrix Airfare Search and book on United.com
- United’s risk free cancellation policy here
- Visa: US Citizens – Visa on Arrival for $20
- Currency: Turkish Lira (TRY) – $1USD = 1.87 TRY
Tips for saving when using credit cards at international destinations:
- No Foreign Transaction Fee Credit Cards to save on international purchases
- Don’t get hit with Dynamic Currency Conversion
- Get your taxes refunded when shopping