This is as about as cheap as it will get for Tokyo from the East Coast. This fare requires flexibility for travel next week or the week after. We do not believe this fare will last due to American attacking United at its hubs in Newark and Washington D.C., and that is why we are posting this off schedule (for long time readers, you know we usually post from 10AM – 3PM everyday). American Airlines allows you to hold the fare for up to 24 hours — if you need time to decide, put it on hold and purchase later.
- April 24th – May 1st. Must depart by May 2nd and return by May 31st. Use ITA Software Matrix Airfare Search and flexible month search to see availability and on the length of stay enter “3-10” to see best available starting April 20th. Must purchase 3 days in advance of departure and by April 23rd.
- Sample from Newark only (all requires a connection in American hubs like Chicago, Dallas, Los Angeles and in the case of Washington D.C. departure — JFK is also a valid connection)
- EWR – ORD (Chicago) – NRT (Chicago) – ORD – EWR
- 13,948 miles or 5.2 cents per mile. Remember to check our post on AA.com discount codes to see if your travel dates have a valid promotion code if you are flying American.
- Use dates found at ITA Software Matrix Airfare Search and book on AA.com or United.com
- Use the 10% off Costco AA Gift Cards to save more
- AA and United’s risk free cancellation policy here
- Visa: US Citizens – Not required
- Currency: Japanese Yen (JPY) $1USD = 81.5 JPY
Tips for saving when using credit cards at international destinations:
- No Foreign Transaction Fee Credit Cards to save on international purchases
- Don’t get hit with Dynamic Currency Conversion
- Get your taxes refunded when shopping