United is launching service to Istanbul from Newark in August. As part the launch, it has discounted fares from Washington D.C. If this is an indicator of the fare for Fall travel, the fares to Istanbul in the Fall will be very good.
- September 5th – 12th. Valid for travel from August 24th – October 25th for Sunday through Thursday departures from the United States and Monday through Thursday departures to the United States. Use ITA Software Matrix Airfare Search and flexible month. Must purchase May 15th.
- DCA – EWR (Newark) – IST (Istanbul) – EWR – DCA
- 10,438 miles or 5.7 cents per mile
- Use dates found on ITA Software Matrix Airfare Search and book on United.com
- United’s risk free cancellation policy here
- Visa: US Citizens – Visa on Arrival for $20
- Currency: Turkish Lira (TRY) – $1USD = 1.87 TRY
Tips for saving when using credit cards at international destinations:
- No Foreign Transaction Fee Credit Cards to save on international purchases
- Don’t get hit with Dynamic Currency Conversion
- Get your taxes refunded when shopping