A few weeks ago, we published a deal to Almaty from San Francisco and Seattle and lamented that it wasn’t available from New York. Now that it is, we are going! We are going to use Almaty as a base to visit the rest of Central Asia.
- May 3rd – 10th. Valid for travel until May 15th or August 21st – March 31st, 2013. Use ITA Software Matrix Airfare Search and flexible month search to see availability. Must purchase by March 31st, 2013.
- JFK – IST (Istanbul) – ALA (Almaty) – IST – JFK
- 14,480 miles or 5.3 cents per mile. Turkish Airlines is a partner with United Airlines and is a member of the Star Alliance, you will receive 100% mileage credit with United Airlines. Provide the Turkish Airlines checkin staff with your MileagePlus number to receive your miles.
- Visa Requirement: US Citizens – Required prior to arrival, prices vary
- Currency: Kazakhstani Tenge (KZT) $1USD = 149.70 KZT
Tips for saving when using credit cards at international destinations:
- No Foreign Transaction Fee Credit Cards to save on international purchases
- Don’t get hit with Dynamic Currency Conversion
- Get your taxes refunded when shopping