We have been waiting forever for a deal to Kazakhstan to show up! It is finally here! Contrary to what the movie Borat said about Kazakhstan, it is the richest country in Central Asia and is a good base to visit the rest of Central Asia from. We have been wanting to Central Asia for a while, too bad this fare is not available from New York.
- April 4th – 11th. Valid for travel from March 27th – May 17th for Sunday through Thursday departures from the United States, and Monday through Thursday departures to the United States. Use ITA Software Matrix Airfare Search and flexible month search to see availability. Must purchase by March 15th.
- San Francisco: SFO – DTW (Detroit) – AMS (Amsterdam) – ALA (Almaty) – AMS – SFO
- Seattle: SEA – MSP (Minneapolis) – AMS (Amsterdam) – ALA (Almaty) – AMS – SEA
- San Francisco: 18,043 miles or 4.8 cents per miles
- Seattle: 16,266 miles or 5.3 cents per mile.
- Use dates found at ITA Software Matrix Airfare Search and book on Delta.com
- Delta’s risk free cancellation policy here
- Visa Requirement: US Citizens – Required prior to arrival, prices vary
- Currency: Kazakhstani Tenge (KZT) $1USD = 149.70 KZT
Tips for saving when using credit cards at international destinations:
- No Foreign Transaction Fee Credit Cards to save on international purchases
- Don’t get hit with Dynamic Currency Conversion
- Get your taxes refunded when shopping