Rome is full of history, but every time we think of Rome, it’s because of a simple dish that we wish was made as well here — Spaghetti alla Carbonara. We haven’t figured out how the Romans got it right but no where in America have we found it to be close to what we can get in Rome!
This is the earliest we have ever published a fare; this is valid 9 months from now. In general, we don’t recommend that anyone buy a ticket to any destination this far in advance. However, based on the fares that we have seen from New York to Europe for travel around the same period this year, this is actually a very good deal. The free 22 hour stopover in Helsinki is an added bonus.
Finnair is the national airline of Finland, a member of the OneWorld alliance and an American Airlines AAdvantage partner.
- January 17th, 2013 – January 22nd, 2013. Valid for travel from January 1st, 2013 – February 27th, 2013 for Monday through Thursday departure. Use ITA Software Matrix Airfare Search and flexible month search to see availability, enable advance code and enter “ay+” on both outbound and inbound to see this Finnair fare. Must purchase 3 days in advance of departure.
- JFK – HEL (Helsinki) – FCO (Rome) – HEL – JFK
- 10,980 miles or 5.6 cents per mile. Finnair is a member of the OneWorld alliance and a partner of American Airlines’ AAdvantage program. Provide the checkin staff with your American Airlines AAdvantage frequent flyer number to receive 100% mileage credit. 10,980 miles is almost enough for an one-way domestic award ticket.
- Visa: US Citizens – not required
- Currency: Euro (EUR) $1USD = 0.76 EUR
Tips for saving when using credit cards at international destinations:
- No Foreign Transaction Fee Credit Cards to save on international purchases
- Don’t get hit with Dynamic Currency Conversion
- Get your taxes refunded when shopping