There’s been an abundance of good deals to South Africa from the United States the last few months. They all ended a few weeks ago and now a good sale is about $1,000 roundtrip. Delta is putting Cape Town on sale from Newark!
- April 16th – 24th. Valid for travel from April 2nd – May 21st. Use ITA Software Matrix Airfare Search and flexible month search to see availability. Must purchase by April 13th.
- EWR – AMS (Amsterdam) – CPT (Cape Town) – AMS – EWR
- 19,322 miles or 5.4 cents per mile
- Use dates found at ITA Software Matrix Airfare Search and book on Delta.com
- Delta’s risk free cancellation policy here
- Visa: US Citizens – not required
- Currency: South African Rand (ZAR) $1USD = 7.8 ZAR
Tips for saving when using credit cards at international destinations:
- No Foreign Transaction Fee Credit Cards to save on international purchases
- Don’t get hit with Dynamic Currency Conversion
- Get your taxes refunded when shopping