Despite its closeness to the United States, fares to the Caribbean are actually pretty expensive! This is a good sale in that it’s under $400 and less than 6 cents per mile! In addition, you get a day in Panama City to explore — think of it as 2 trips in one. Copa is a partner with United and you will receive 100% mileage for this flight. Copa was formerly owned by Continental and is the national airline of Panama.
- April 12th – 17th. Valid for travel until May 31st. Use ITA Software Matrix Airfare Search and flexible month search to see availability. Must purchase by March 26th.
- ORD – PTY (Panama City) – SXM (St. Marteen) – PTY – ORD
- 7,170 miles or 5.5 cents per mile. Copa is partners with United MileagePlus; provide the check-in staff with your United MileagePlus # to receive full mileage credit.
- Visa Requirement: US Citizens – Not required
- Currency: US Dollar
- Visa Requirement: US Citizens – Not required. There is a $30 USD Departure Tax.
- Currency: Dutch Guilder (ANG) $1USD = 1.79 ANG. Euros & Dollars widely accepted.
Tips for saving when using credit cards at international destinations:
- No Foreign Transaction Fee Credit Cards to save on international purchases
- Don’t get hit with Dynamic Currency Conversion
- Get your taxes refunded when shopping