A great fare to Mumbai! Going to India for $1,000 with a single connection is a deal!
- March 21st – 28th. Valid for travel until March 29th for Sunday through Thursday departures. Use ITA Software Matrix Airfare Search and flexible month search to see availability. Must purchase at least 7 days in advance of departure.
- ORD – AUH (Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates) – BOM (Mumbai) – AUH – ORD
- 16,966 miles or 5.4 cents per mile. The flights are all with Etihad Airways. American is a partner with them and codeshares the Chicago – Abu Dhabi portion (and vice versa). This means American AAdvantage members will receive full elite status miles for the Chicago – Abu Dhabi portion in addition to receiving regular miles for the Abu Dhabi – Mumbai portion. This fare will earn 100% mileage — remember to supply your American AAdvantage number at checkin to receive your miles. 16,000+ miles is enough for an one-way domestic award ticket (value anywhere from $125 – $150).
- Use dates found at ITA Software Matrix Airfare Search and book on https://www.aa.com/reservation/searchFlightsSubmit.do. On the reservation page, make sure on item 7 (Choose a Carrier), you select “All Carriers” to find this fare. AA.com will not display the fare unless you use the AA.com link above and have “All Carriers” selected.
- Use the 10% off Costco AA Gift Cards to save more
- AA’s risk free cancellation policy here
- Visa: US Citizens – Visa required prior to arrival. Prices vary.
- Currency: Indian Rupee (INR). $1USD = 51.6 INR
Tips for saving when using credit cards at international destinations:
- No Foreign Transaction Fee Credit Cards to save on international purchases
- Don’t get hit with Dynamic Currency Conversion
- Get your taxes refunded when shopping