KLM’s sales to South Africa continues — now to Durban. However, availability is limited and quickly going away. Hurry if you plan on going! Durban is South Africa’s third largest city and also the largest port city in all of Africa — so there are many outdoor activities to choose from, in addition to things like going on a safari.
- March 7th – 15th. Valid for travel until March 29th. Use ITA Software Matrix Airfare Search and flexible month search to see availability. Must purchase by March 8th.
- LAX – AMS (Amsterdam) – JNB (Johannesburg) – DUR (Durban) – JNB – AMS – MSP (Minneapolis) – LAX
- 23,041 miles or 4.6 cents per mile. KLM partners with Delta and this will credit 100% mileage with Delta SkyMiles. 23,000+ miles is almost enough for a free domestic ticket (remember to provide them your Delta SkyMiles number at check-in to receive your miles). DO NOT CREDIT THIS TO KLM’s program as it will only earn 25%. Credit these miles only to Delta!
- Visa: US Citizens – not required
- Currency: Rand – $1USD = 8 South African Rand (ZAR)
Tips for saving when using credit cards at international destinations:
- No Foreign Transaction Fee Credit Cards to save on international purchases
- Don’t get hit with Dynamic Currency Conversion
- Get your taxes refunded when shopping