Nice sale to Ho Chi Minh City!
- April 2nd – 9th. Valid for travel until April 30th for Monday through Thursday departure. Use ITA Software Matrix Airfare Search and flexible month search to see availability. Must purchase by March 15th.
- LAX – SFO (San Francisco) – HKG (Hong Kong) – SGN (Ho Chi Minh City) – NRT (Tokyo) – LAX
- 16,334 miles or 5.7 cents per mile. Remember to collect your frequent flyer miles (it’s free) and 16,000+ miles is enough for a one-way domestic reward. Depending on where you go, it could be up to $200 in value!
- Use dates found on ITA Software Matrix Airfare Search and book on United.com
- United’s risk free cancellation policy here
- Visa Requirements: US Citizens. Visa required prior to arrival. Prices vary. However, you may have an agent arrange a visa for pick-up upon arrival at Ho Chi Minh City Airport for a $20-25 handling fee paid upfront + $25 for the visa itself (also payable upon arrival). The Flight Deal team has used VietnamStay.com in the past for this service. It is much better than sending away your passport.
- Currency: Vietnamese Dong (VND). $1USD = 21,009 VND.
Tips for saving when using credit cards at international destinations:
- No Foreign Transaction Fee Credit Cards to save on international purchases
- Don’t get hit with Dynamic Currency Conversion
- Get your taxes refunded when shopping