United has extended its sale to Shanghai, but the price has gone up $100 since we last posted. $850 is still a very good price for non-stop direct service from the Tri-State area to Shanghai.
- March 7th – 13th. January 22nd – March 31st for Monday through Thursday departure. Use ITA Software Matrix Airfare Search and flexible month search to see availability. Must purchase by March 31st.
- EWR – PVG (Shanghai) – EWR
- 14,732 or 5.8 cents per mile
- Use dates found on ITA Software Matrix Search and book on United.com
- United’s risk free cancellation policy here
- Visa: US Citizens – required prior to arrival. $140
- Currency: Chinese Yuan Renminbi (CNY) – $1USD = 6.3 CNY
Tips for saving when using credit cards at international destinations:
- No Fee Foreign Transaction Credit Cards to save on international purchases
- Don’t get hit with Dynamic Currency Conversion
- Get your taxes refunded when shopping