Abu Dhabi is the bigger brother to Dubai and is 70 miles apart. Abu Dhabi, like its more well known neighbor, is basically a glammed-up Disneyland in the Middle East. It’s one of the few places in the world where you can go from the beach to the city to the desert.
- February 1st – 9th . Valid for travel from January 23rd – March 22nd for Sunday through Thursday departures from the United States and Monday through Thursday departures to the United States. Use ITA Software Matrix Airfare Search and flexible month search to see availability. Must purchase by January 11th.
- EWR – FRA (Frankfurt) – AUH (Abu Dhabi) – FRA – EWR. You can also fly out of JFK.
- 13,739 miles or 5.9 cents per mile. These flights are operated by Lufthansa, but it’s a codeshare with United. It’s the same price whether your book with Lufthansa or United. However, if you book with United, you’ll receive full mileage credit vs zero mileage credit if you book with Lufthansa.
- Use dates found on ITA Software Matrix Search and book on United.com
- United’s risk free cancellation policy here
- Visa: US Citizens – not required
- Currency: Emirati Dirham (AED). $1USD = 3.67 AED
Tips for saving when using credit cards at international destinations:
- No Foreign Transaction Fee Credit Cards to save on international purchases
- Don’t get hit with Dynamic Currency Conversion
- Get your taxes refunded when shopping