A great sale to Ho Chi Minh City! The Winter is the perfect time to go visit Vietnam — the weather is perfect.
- February 15th – 25th, 2012. Valid for travel from January 2nd – March 31st, 2012. Use http://matrix.itasoftware.com and flexible month search to see availability. Must purchase by January 4th, 2012.
- LAX – NRT (Tokyo) – SGN (Ho Chi Minh City) – NRT – LAX
- 16,318 miles or 5.1 cents per mile
- Use dates found at http://matrix.itasoftware.com and book on Orbitz.com. United is unable to price what matrix.itasoftware is finding, however, it works fine on Orbitz.com for a few bucks than what matrix.itasoftware is showing.
- Visa Requirements: US Citizens. Visa required prior to arrival. Prices vary. However, you can have an agent arrange a visa for pickup at arrival at Hanoi Airport for $20-25 handing fee paid upfront + $25 for the Visa payable on arrival. The Flight Deal team has used VietnamStay.com in the past for this service. It is much better than sending away your passport.
- Currency: Vietnamese Dong (VND). $1USD = 21,009 VND.
Tips for saving when using credit cards at international destinations:
- No Fee Foreign Transaction Credit Cards to save on international purchases
- Don’t get hit with Dynamic Currency Conversion
- Get your taxes refunded when shopping