Most first visitors to Turkey go to Istanbul — but there’s so much more to Turkey than just Istanbul. Ankara is the capital of Turkey and is a great springboard for tourist sites in Anatolia, Cappadocia or the Black Sea coast.
- January 12th – 18th, 2012. Valid for travel from December 24th – April 1st, 2012 for Sunday through Thursday departure from the United States and Monday through Thursday departure from Turkey. Use http://matrix.itasoftware.com and flexible month search to see availability. Must purchase by January 12th, 2012.
- EWR (Newark) – MUC (Munich) – ESB (Ankara) – MUC – EWR
- 10,412 miles or 5.9 cents per mile
- Use dates found on matrix.itasoftware.com and book on United.com
- United’s risk free cancellation policy here
- Visa: US Citizens – Visa on Arrival for $20
- Currency: Turkish Lira (TRY) – $1USD = 1.87 TRY
Tips for saving when using credit cards at international destinations:
- No Fee Foreign Transaction Credit Cards to save on international purchases
- Don’t get hit with Dynamic Currency Conversion
- Get your taxes refunded when shopping