Delta’s sale to Istanbul is also available from Chicago and Washington D.C.
- February 7th – 15th, 2012. Valid for travel until March 22nd, 2012 for Sunday through Thursday departures from the US and Monday through Thursday departures from Turkey. Use http://matrix.itasoftware.com and flexible month search to find exact availability. Must purchase 14 days advance of departure.
- Sample routing from Chicago
- ORD – JFK (New York) – IST (Istanbul) – AMS (Amsterdam) – ORD
- Mileage from Chicago
- 11,216 miles or 5.8 cents per mile
- Use dates found at http://matrix.itasoftware.com and book on Delta.com
- Delta’s risk free cancellation policy here
- Visa: US Citizens – Visa on Arrival for $20
- Currency: Turkish Lira (TRY) – $1USD = 1.87 TRY
Tips for saving when using credit cards at international destinations:
- No Fee Foreign Transaction Credit Cards to save on international purchases
- Don’t get hit with Dynamic Currency Conversion
- Get your taxes refunded when shopping