A good sale from United out of their SFO hub to Madrid — and hub sales from the dominate carriers in their hubs is usually rare.
- December 8th – 12th. Valid for travel from November 4th – December 14th & December 25th – March 26, 2012. Use http://matrix.itasoftware.com and flexible month search to see availability. Must purchase by November 8th.
- SFO – IAD (Washington D.C.) – MAD (Madrid) – IAD – SFO. The $738 fare is only available via IAD or EWR (Newark) routings.
- 12,432 miles or 5.9 cents per mile.
- Visa: US Citizens – not required
- Currency: Euro. $1USD = 0.78 Euro
Tips for saving when using credit cards at international destinations:
- No Fee Foreign Transaction Credit Cards to save on international purchases
- Don’t get hit with Dynamic Currency Conversion
- Get your taxes refunded when shopping