Singapore is a foodie city – the fusion of Chinese, Malay, Thai and Indian makes for some of the best food anywhere. We especially like the hawker stands (or food stalls). You definitely need to get some chicken and rice, satay and Singapore chili crab.
- January 20th – 30th, 2012. Valid for travel from January 16th, 2012 to March 31st, 2012. Use http://matrix.itasoftware.com and flexible month search to see availability. Must purchase by November 7th, 2011.
- EWR – NRT (Tokyo) – SIN (Singapore) – NRT – EWR
- 20,082 miles or 4.6 cents per mile. Singapore Airlines has this for $888, but we don’t recommend you take Singapore Airlines in this particular instance — 1. Singapore Airline’s fare earns NO miles, which means you are giving up over $200 in value 2. This trip is over 20,000 miles, you are 5,000 miles away from elite status with United and elite status will give you free checked baggage and priority checkin and boarding. That to us is worth the extra $39! Think long term and lifetime value not short term
- Use dates found on matrix.itasoftware.com and book on United.com
- United’s risk free cancellation policy here
- Visa: US Citizens – not required
- Currency: Singapore Dollar (SGD). $1USD = 1.26 SGD
Tips for saving when using credit cards at international destinations:
- No Fee Foreign Transaction Credit Cards to save on international purchases
- Don’t get hit with Dynamic Currency Conversion
- Get your taxes refunded when shopping