A great price to Istanbul from Los Angeles and Chicago. Go see the architecture, visit a traditional Turkish bath, smoke a nargile and take a cruise around the Borophorus.
- January 11th – 19th, 2012. Valid for travel from January 10th, 2012 to March 10th, 2012. Use http://matrix.itasoftware.com and flexible month search to see availability.
- Los Angeles: LAX – ORD (Chicago) – IST (Istanbul) – ORD – LAX. The LAX – ORD portion can be on United or American. It also can be routed via JFK (New York) — in which case, it can be on United, American or Delta.
- Chicago: ORD – IST – ORD
- LAX: 14,428 miles or 3.7 cents per mile
- ORD: 10,981 miles or 4.5 cents per mile
Turkish Airlines is a Star Alliance member and partners with United. This fare will earn 100% mileage with United.
- Use dates found at http://matrix.itasoftware.com and book on Orbitz – www.orbitz.com
- Visa: US Citizens – Visa on Arrival for $20
- Currency: Turkish Lira (TRY) – $1USD = 1.87 TRY
Tips for saving when using credit cards at international destinations:
- No Fee Foreign Transaction Credit Cards to save on international purchases
- Don’t get hit with Dynamic Currency Conversion
- Get your taxes refunded when shopping