If you ever wanted to go see the Treasury at Petra or spectacular scenic desert valley of Wadi Rum in Jordan, this is your chance. Jordan has never been this cheap and will likely will not be this cheap again for a long time.
The fare sale for the four cities are:
- New York: $633
- Boston: $658
- Washington D.C.: $697
- Chicago: $733
- December 8th – December 13th. Valid for travel from November 14th – December 14th & December 29th – January 1st, 2012 & January 9th, 2012 – March 22nd, 2012. Use http://matrix.itasoftware.com and flexible month search to see availability. Must purchase by November 2nd, 2011.
- New York: JFK – AMM (Amman) – JFK (Codeshare with Royal Jordanian)
- Boston: BOS – JFK (New York) – AMM – JFK (American from Boston to New York then Royal Jordanian codeshare)
- Washington D.C.: DCA/IAD – JFK – AMM – JFK (American from DC to New York then Royal Jordanian codeshare)
- Chicago: ORD – AMM – ORD (Codeshare with Royal Jordanian)
- New York: 11,466 miles or 5.5 cents per mile
- Boston: 11,850 miles or 5.5 cents per mile
- Washington D.C.: 11,902 miles or 5.8 cents per mile
- Chicago: 12,471 miles or 5.8 cents per mile
- Use dates found at http://matrix.itasoftware.com and book on AA.com
- Use the 10% off Costco AA Gift Cards to save more
- AA’s risk free cancellation policy here
- Visa: US Citizens – visa on arrival for 20 JOD or $28 USD for single entry, 40 JOD or $56 USD for double entry and 60 JOD or $84USD for multiple entry.
- Currency: Jordanian Dinar (JOD). $1 USD = 0.78 JOD
Tips for saving when using credit cards at international destinations:
- No Fee Foreign Transaction Credit Cards to save on international purchases
- Don’t get hit with Dynamic Currency Conversion
- Get your taxes refunded when shopping