We wrote about the Citibank AAdvantage Credit Card Reduced Mileage Awards yesterday. United/Continental has a similar promotion and United/Continental’s version is significantly better:
- Many more interesting destinations like the Caribbean and Central America
- No need to have United or Continental credit card; although going forward, promotions will likely be linked to having the airline’s credit card due to the dependency of airlines on financing from credit card companies
The fine print:
- Travel between October 10, 2011 – December 15, 2011
- Ticket by September 19, 2011
Blackout Dates: 11/18, 11/23, 11/26-11/28, 2011
- Saturday night stay required
- Valid on round trip-economy Saver travel
Definitely worth a look if you have upcoming travel. As always, if the ticket is worth more than the cost of buying the miles from the airlines (usually 2.5 cents per mile), then the award redemption is a good deal.
Today’s September 11th. Always remember. Never forget.