Swiss Air, an United, Continental and US Airways frequent flyer program partner, forgot to put fuel surcharges on their fare from Los Angeles to Zurich, Switzerland.
Get on it before they put it back in.
The $568 fare connects in San Francisco. San Francisco residents can buy a one-way ticket to LAX to catch the flight for $69. Coming back from Switzerland, since you will clear immigration and customs in San Francisco, just pick your bags, go home and not fly down to Los Angeles.
[Update 1: Fare is also available from SFO – do the same search via Kayak. It will route via LAX]
- November 1st – November 8th. Availability until March 2012. Use Kayak.com’s month long search to see it; they will all re-direct to Vayama (a large European travel site) to book.
- LAX – SFO (San Francisco) – ZRH (Zurich) – SFO – LAX. LAX – SFO is on US Airways; SFO-ZRH-SFO is on Swiss Air and SFO-LAX is on Alaska Airlines Codeshare with Delta.
- How much will you earn? It is booked in K coach class
- Star Alliance (United, Continental, US Airways): LAX-SFO-ZRH-SFO = 12,018 miles or 4.7 cents per miles.
- Delta: Alaska Airlines is a Delta partner: 337 miles.
How to Book This:
Go to Kayak.com, enter LAX – ZRH and then you will see the cheapest date in the month calendar. Select one and it will re-direct you to Vayama.com to book.