This is a VERY good fare to Ireland if you travel in June or July. If you travel before that, it’s just okay.
Summer travel to Europe for under $800 from the West Coast is a VERY VERY good deal! It is inexpensive to get to the rest of Europe on a low cost carrier like RyanAir — just be mindful of their fees!
Update 2/20/2014 @ 2:45PM Eastern – fare gone
Sample Travel Date:
- Sample with US Airways
- July 13th – 20th
- Valid for travel until July. Must purchase at least 3 days in advance of departure
- Please note that while this fare is valid at time of posting, if this post is more than two days old, the fare is likely gone.
How to Search for Availability:
- Use ITA Software Matrix Airfare Search and use the following search criteria:
- Departing from: SFO
- Outbound Advanced Routing Code: us+ /f bc=O
- That’s the letter O and not the number zero
- Destination: DUB
- Return Advanced Routing Code: us+ /f bc=O
- (Click on Advanced Routing Codes link to enable advanced routing code input)
- (For American availability, replace us+ /f bc=O with o:aa+ /f bc=O on the Advanced Routing Code fields)
- Select “See calendar of lowest fares”
- Length of stay “3-10” (the max date range is 7 days. So 0-7, 5-12, 7-14 etc)
- You cannot buy tickets using ITA. To buy, follow our instructions below.
- Beginner’s Guide on How to Use Matrix by ITA Software
- How to Read Airfare Rules and Use It to Your Advantage
- SFO – PHX (Phoenix) – CLT (Charlotte) – DUB (Dublin) – CLT – SFO
- Not permitted
- How to Take Advantage of a Stopover
- 12,141 miles or 6.0 cents per mile
How to Book:
- Support us by using our Orbitz link to book with dates found on ITA Software Matrix Airfare Search. Make sure you select “Additional Search Options” and then “Narrow the search to my preferred airlines” and select US Airways or American
- HotelsCombined - One of the leading hotel meta-search engines. Search all the hotel and online travel agencies with one search.
- Rental Cars - One of the world’s leading car rental agencies. Includes all the major brands like Hertz, Avis, Budget, Dollar, Enterprise etc.
Activities and Tours
- Viator – The world's largest marketplace for destination activities and tours
- Allianz Global Assistance – the world leader in travel insurance
- Visa: US Citizens – Not required. Other nationals, check the TIMATIC Visa Database
- Currency: Euro (EUR). $1USD = 0.88 EUR
Tips for saving when using credit cards at international destinations:
- No Foreign Transaction Fee Credit Cards to save on international purchases
- Don’t get hit with Dynamic Currency Conversion
- Get your taxes refunded when shopping
- How to Avoid International Data Roaming Charges
For more of the latest cheap San Francisco / Bay Area Flight Deals:
* The Flight Deal will receive a commission if you use the Orbitz, accommodation, car rental, activities, or travel insurance affiliate links to make a booking or apply and is approved for a credit card using our link above. Thank you for your continuing support.