American and its Oneworld partners (British Airways, Iberia, Finnair and US Airways) are putting Spain on sale. This does not meet our 6 cents per mile criterion. But it is not often that the dominant carrier from its hub put anything on sale. With availability until June, 2015, plan those Europe adventures now.
Here’s what we found:
- Barcelona [BCN]
- Madrid [MAD]
- Vigo [VGO]
- Valencia [VLC]
- Bilbao [BIO]
- Malaga [AGP]
Barcelona is the cheapest at about $700. Everything else is from $750 – $780.
Sample Travel Date:
- Sample with American to Barcelona
- November 4th – 11th
- Valid for travel on the outbound until June 18th, 2014. Must purchase at least 7 days in advance of departure
- Please note that while this fare is valid at time of posting, if this post is more than two days old, the fare is likely gone.
How to Search for Availability:
- Use ITA Software Matrix Airfare Search and use the following search criteria:
- Departing from: MIA
- Outbound Advanced Routing Code:
- Destination: BCN
- Return Advanced Routing Code:
- (Click on Advanced Routing Codes link to enable advanced routing code input)
- (For other cities, replace BCN with the airport code from above. No advanced routing code are required to find this fare.)
- Select “See calendar of lowest fares”
- Length of stay “0-7” (This is just a sample, you can use any 7 day date range like 3-10, 7-14 etc)
- You cannot buy tickets using ITA. To buy, follow our instructions below
- Beginner’s Guide on How to Use Matrix by ITA Software
- How to Read Airfare Rules and Use It to Your Advantage
- MIA – BCN (Barcelona) – MIA
- Permitted in Philadelphia or Charlotte
- How to Take Advantage of a Stopover
- 9,376 miles
How to Book:
- Support us by using our Orbitz link to book with dates found on ITA Software Matrix Airfare Search.
- HotelsCombined - One of the leading hotel meta-search engines. Search all the hotel and online travel agencies with one search.
- Rental Cars - One of the world’s leading car rental agencies. Includes all the major brands like Hertz, Avis, Budget, Dollar, Enterprise etc.
Activities and Tours
- Viator – The world's largest marketplace for destination activities and tours
- Allianz Global Assistance – the world leader in travel insurance
- Visa: US Citizens – Not required. Other nationals, check the TIMATIC Visa Database
- Currency: Euro (EUR). $1USD = 0.73 EUR
Tips for saving when using credit cards at international destinations:
- No Foreign Transaction Fee Credit Cards to save on international purchases
- Don’t get hit with Dynamic Currency Conversion
- Get your taxes refunded when shopping
- How to Avoid International Data Roaming Charges
For more of the latest cheap Miami / Fort Lauderdale Flight Deals:
* The Flight Deal will receive a small commission if you use the Orbitz, accommodation, car rental, activities, or travel insurance affiliate links to make a booking. Thank you for your continuing support.