SHAREShare on Facebook0Tweet about this on TwitterShare on Google+1Share on LinkedIn0Share on StumbleUpon0Pin on Pinterest0Email this to someone

Have about 25K – 35K American or United miles to get you home from Tokyo? Want to visit both Budapest/Prague and Tokyo for under $400 from Los Angeles? Well, you can with this! Round the world for under $400 and 35,000 frequent flyer miles is amazing!

Also remember to enter our $200 Visa Gift Card Giveaway and LoungeBuddy Cathay Pacific Free Trip to Hong Kong Sweepstakes.

H/T: man4business on FlyerTalk

5/24/2014 @ 1:10AM Eastern – FARE GONE

Please do not call Alitalia etc to book. This is a mistake fare — the fuel surcharges are being left off! Priceline will also works for booking. If Orbitz isn’t giving you the itinerary you want, try Priceline!

Budapest, Hungary - Photo: Rodefeld, used under Creative Commons License (By 2.0)

Budapest, Hungary – Photo: Rodefeld, used under Creative Commons License (By 2.0)

Sample Date:

• November 12th:
    • LAX – CDG (Paris) – FCO (Rome) – BUD (Budapest)
      • For Prague, replace BUD with PRG
  • November 17th
    • BUD – AMS (Amsterdam) – NRT (Tokyo)

Fare Availability:

• Between November and March

How to Search for Availability:

2014-05-21_nrt

• As you can see, we entered it as:
    • LAX – BUD
    • BUD – NRT
    • Play with the dates to find the price — the initial price might be higher. The price will show once you confirm the Air France, Alitalia and KLM flights
  • You will have to play around with the dates, but the date range you can depart is above. Monday through Thursday will give you best pricing.

Fare Class:

• V and L

Routing:

• LAX – CDG (Paris) – FCO (Rome) – BUD (Budapest) – AMS (Amsterdam) – NRT (Tokyo)

Mileage:

• 13,988 miles or 2.6 cents per mile. Alitalia, Air France, KLM are members of the SkyTeam alliance and Delta partner. This fare will earn 100% mileage with Delta.

How to Book:

• Support us by using our Orbitz link to book with dates found on ITA Software Matrix Airfare Search. Make sure you select multi-city and enter it as below with the corresponding dates
  • Segment 1: LAX – BUD
  • Segment 2: BUD – NRT
  • It will price $7 more than Google Flights because Orbitz is charging a $7 fee for multi-carrier itineraries
  • Save $400 off your next travel purchase after signing up for the Barclaycard Arrival Plus™ World Elite MasterCard®.* Earn 40,000 bonus miles when you spend $3,000 on purchases in the first 90 days – that’s enough to redeem for a $400 travel statement credit

2014-05-21_nrt_orbitz

How to Get Back to the United States:

Getting back to the United State is cheap on miles. If you have between 25-35K American or United miles you are golden. You can also buy a one-way for under $700!

Option 1 – 25K American Airlines Miles (Off-Peak). 32.5K (Peak)

2014-05-21_nrt_aa

Option 2 – 35K United Miles

2014-05-21_nrt_ua

Accommodations:

For hotel bookings, we recommend that you only book using online travel agencies (Hotels.com, HotelsCombined.com or Hotwire.com) if it is a non-chain hotel. We don’t want you to miss out on earning rewards with chain hotels.

Car Rentals

Background Information:

Hungary:

• Visa: US Citizens – not required. Other nationals, check the TIMATIC Visa Database
  • Currency: Hungarian Forint (HUF). $1USD = 220 HUF

Netherlands:

• Currency: Euro (EUR). $1USD = 0.73 EUR

Japan:

• Visa: US Citizens – Not required. Other nationals, check the TIMATIC Visa Database
  • Currency: Japanese Yen (JYP) $1USD = 101.53 JPY

Tips for saving when using credit cards at international destinations:

For more of the latest cheap Los Angeles Flight Deals:

* The Flight Deal will receive a commission if you use the Orbitz, accommodation or car rental affiliate links to make a booking or apply and is approved for a credit card using our link above. Thank you for your continuing support.

=====

To make sure you receive our latest deals, LIKE our  The Flight Deal Facebook Page, follow us on Twitter @TheFlightDeal, or subscribe to The Flight Deal RSS Feed or Subscribe via Email (Once a Day)

The Flight Deal does not sell travel products or services. We provide you with information about third-party travel suppliers’ offers, and link you to their sites. The information posted by The Flight Deal is valid at the time of publication. However, we have no control over the suppliers, and we therefore do not warrant or guarantee that their offers will not change or become unavailable. Nor are we responsible for their products, services or site content. Please see their sites for their most up-to-date offer information and all applicable terms and conditions.

Stay Informed on the Latest Deals

Sign up to receive The Flight Deal Daily DealsLetter, to stay up to date with the latest and greatest flight deals available.

written by

The author didn‘t add any Information to his profile yet.

27 Responses to "Alitalia / KLM / Air France – Under $400: From Los Angeles – Visit Budapest / Prague then Tokyo. One-way, including all Taxes"

1. Jagger Foo says:

Thanks for this. I just booked a trip in March 2015, which includes one night in Rome on the way to BUD, and one night in Amsterdam on the way to NRT. I’ll use my accumulated miles to get back from Tokyo.

I made sure to use your Orbitz link when I booked this itinerary for $384.29.

Cheers

2. ven says:

I can’t seem to build a stopover in without costing another $700. What were your dates?

3. Jeff S says:

WOW, what a deal! Thanks for sharing.

4. Bill says:

That is a fun trip, and a great price

5. Sylvan says:

Awesome, thank you! Just booked Nov 20 and Nov 23 on Orbitz for $436. Those dates work well for me and I get that AF A380 flight from LA on the first leg. I don’t have AA or United miles so I’ll have to see what I can do with Aeroplan or Skymiles to get back from Tokyo.

• Sylvan says:

Ended up booking UA33 NRT-LAX on Nov 24, direct on a 788, 37.5k Aeroplan miles for economy + CDN $68. 09:30 – 18:00 effective layover in Tokyo, just enough time to have a bit of a day-trip. Any Aeroplan flight with Air Canada or Asiana had a fuel surcharge of about $350, but United and Air China had no fuel surcharge.

6. Christine Pham says:

If I book through Orbitz with Alitalia and KLM, how can I get Delta miles for the trip?

• TFD says:

@Christine – orbitz has a field to input your frequent flyer #. but wouldn’t worry too much about it — you can always add it at checkin.

7. Jay says:

I mocked it up on Google Flights and it shows up perfectly but when I mock it up in Orbitz, the layovers are all different!?!? I can’t find the specific segment that takes me LAX, Paris, Rome, then Budapest. Orbitz wants to take me through LAX, JFK, Rome, then Budapest. OR LAX, Boston, Rome, then Budapest. What am I missing? I couldn’t figure it out so I did what Google tells you to do to book the flight, call Alitalia. Once I got an agent, she said she couldn’t quote me for segments 1 and 2 together because I was ending in a different continent??? I didn’t quite understand this so asked her to at least quote me the first segment. She said she could do that (don’t know why that was any different but she quoted me over $2k just for the LAX > Budapest segment!!! Please help! I’d really like to take advantage of this deal.

• Jay says:

Btw, I entered into Orbitz (and Google):
      Segment 1 – LAX > BUD Monday, November 17th ,

Segment 2 – BUD > NRT Monday, November 24th

The price is all about the same for both Google and Orbitz so I know the deal can still be had. It’s just not the same layovers and I really prefer the layovers that Google has listed.

• TFD says:

@Jay – you can play with it all day it might not necessarily give you the exact segments that you want. So you are not missing anything.

8. Alex says:

Thanks for sharing this error fare. Just booked 2 tix on Priceline – LAX-BOS-FCO-BUD on Nov.3 and PRG-CDG-NRT on Nov.19 for $608.60!

• Jay says:

@Alex, I’m curious… what are your plans on getting from BUD to PRG? Also, have you figured out tickets to get back to LAX from NRT?

• TFD says:

@Jay – train between BUD-PRG is cheap. or you can look at low cost carrier options via Skyscanner – they are cheap.

• Alex says:

@Jay – TFD answered the BUD-PRG question. For the NRT-LAX flight, I followed TFD’s recommendation and redeemed with AA miles.

9. Marco says:

TFD–from your experience, do we earn skymiles from booking thru PL?

• TFD says:

@Marco – the only fares that we know that doesn’t earn miles is if you do name your own price. the normal booking such as this have historically earned miles.

10. Erik says:

anyone find the exact dates for march 2015?

• TFD says:

@Erik — its wide open. we just plugged in

3/10 – lax -bud
      3/17 – bud – nrt

and it was in the 400s. play around with the dates.

11. Joseph says:

HOLY COW! My best friend lives in BUD and now I’ll be able to see him in Dec! All for $402 plus the cost of miles home. THANK YOU!

12. Thomas says:

Is this deal still available? Maybe I’m missing something but I’ve searched Google, Priceline, and Orbitz without any luck…