Kuala Lumpur is one of our favorite hubs to connect through due to it being the home of the low cost carrier AirAsia. With AirAsia, you can fly to many destinations in Southeast Asia like Bali or Siam Reap (for Angkor Wat) for under $200 roundtrip. Oh yeah, the food isn’t bad either. Also home to some of the least expensive five star hotels anywhere.
Sample Travel Date:
- October 6th – 15th
- Valid for travel from August 21st – November 30th or January 7th, 2014 – April 30th, 2014. Use ITA Software Matrix Airfare Search and flexible month search to see availability — enable advanced routing codes and enter “nrt tpe” on the outbound advanced routing code field and “tpe nrt” on the return advanced routing code field to search for this itinerary. Must purchase by at least 5 days in advance of departure
- Beginner’s Guide on How to Use Matrix by ITA Software
- How to Read Airfare Rules and Use It to Your Advantage
Partner Fare Class:
- PDX – NRT (Tokyo) – TPE (Taipei) – KUL (Kuala Lumpur) – TPE – NRT – PDX. The segment between Taipei and Kuala Lumpur is operated by China Airlines.
- One Permitted for free in Asia but not in Japan. Two on the itinerary after free one in the United States for additional $100 per stopover.
- How to Take Advantage of a Stopover
- 16,354 miles or 5.8 cents per mile. This itinerary will earn 100% mileage with Delta except for one segment between Taipei and Kuala Lumpur. That one segment will earn 50% or the total mileage earned will be 15,676 miles or 6.0 cents per mile.
How to Book:
- Use dates found at ITA Software Matrix Airfare Search and book on Orbitz.com. Make sure you select “Additional Search Options” and then “Narrow the search to my preferred airlines” select Delta Airlines for Airline 1 and China Airlines for Air 2 to find availability.
- Visa: US Citizens – Not required. Other nationals, check the TIMATIC Visa Database
- Currency: Malaysian Ringgit (MYR). $1USD = 3.25 MYR
Tips for saving when using credit cards at international destinations:
- No Foreign Transaction Fee Credit Cards to save on international purchases
- Don’t get hit with Dynamic Currency Conversion
- Get your taxes refunded when shopping
- How to Avoid International Data Roaming Charges
For more of the latest cheap Portland Flight Deals:
- Go to the The Portland Flight Deals page
The Flight Deal does not sell travel products or services. We provide you with information about third-party travel suppliers’ offers, and link you to their sites. The information posted by The Flight Deal is valid at the time of publication. However, we have no control over the suppliers, and we therefore do not warrant or guarantee that their offers will not change or become unavailable. Nor are we responsible for their products, services or site content. Please see their sites for their most up-to-date offer information and all applicable terms and conditions.