This site is part of an affiliate sales network and receives compensation for sending traffic to partner sites, such as CreditCards.com. This compensation may impact how and where links appear on this site. This site does not include all financial companies or all available financial offers.
A good sale to London. Pricing will vary slightly depending on routing.
These fares are not searchable on ITA or Google Flights, so you need to play around on Lufthansa‘s site to find availability.
United and its partners Air Canada, Austrian, Lufthansa and Swiss Air introduced Basic Economy for travel across the Atlantic in June 2018. There are slightly variations but the one common theme across all these airlines is that with Basic Economy, you will pay $60 each way for ONE checked luggage, more for additional bags.
United’s version of Basic Economy for European travel includes:
- Advance seat assignment
- One normal size carry-on plus one personal item
In contrast, its partners like Air Canada, Austrian, Lufthansa, and Swiss:
- Charges for advance seat assignment
- One carry-on up to 18lbs
Here’s are some practical travel tips to London, England.
Update 10/8/2018 @ 12:30AM Eastern – fare gone
Sample Travel Date:
- May 1st – 9th, 2019
- This is just ONE SAMPLE travel date, for more availability, please follow the “Fare Availability” and “How to Search for Availability” instructions below
- Valid for travel from January 2019 – early May 2019. A 7 day minimum stay is required. Availability is limited. Must purchase at least 28 days in advance of departure
- There also could be some availability from November 2018- early December 2018
- Please note that while this fare is valid at time of posting, if this post is more than two days old, the fare is likely gone.
How to Search for Availability:
- Use Lufthansa to search for availability. The Lufthansa site shows availability +/- 3 days, so just enter your preferred dates and you should see pricing
- SEA – YVR (Vancouver) – LHR (London) – YVR – SEA
- Not permitted
- How to Take Advantage of a Stopover
Lufthansa is a member of the Star Alliance and United partner. Mileage earning with United is as follows:
- Miles Flown: 9,700 miles or 3.8 cents per mile
- Elite Qualifying Miles: 9,700 miles
- Redeemable Miles: 2,425 miles
How to Buy:
- Support us by using our Lufthansa link to book with dates found on ITA Software Matrix Airfare Search.
- The fares in the “Light” column is Basic Economy without checked luggage and only allows 18lbs of carry-on luggage.
- The fares in the “Basic” column is a Regular Economy fare WITH checked luggage. We highly recommend you buy the BASIC version since the markup is so little.
- TripAdvisor - One of the leading hotel meta-search engines. Find the lowest hotel prices from 200+ sites.
- Rental Cars - One of the world’s leading car rental agencies. Includes all the major brands like Hertz, Avis, Budget, Dollar, Enterprise etc.
Activities and Tours
- Viator – The world's largest marketplace for destination activities and tours
- Visa: US Citizens – Not required. Other nationals, check the TIMATIC Visa Database
- Currency: British Pound (GBP). $1USD = 0.76 GBP
Tips for saving when using credit cards at international destinations:
- No Foreign Transaction Fee Credit Cards to save on international purchases
- Don’t get hit with Dynamic Currency Conversion
- Get your taxes refunded when shopping
- How to Avoid International Data Roaming Charges
For more of the latest cheap Seattle Flight Deals:
- Go to the The Seattle Flight Deals page
* The Flight Deal will receive a commission if you use the Lufthansa, accommodation, car rental, activities, or travel insurance affiliate links to make a booking or apply and is approved for a credit card using our link above. Thank you for your continuing support.
The Flight Deal does not sell travel products or services. We provide you with information about third-party travel suppliers’ offers, and link you to their sites. The information posted by The Flight Deal is valid at the time of publication. However, we have no control over the suppliers, and we therefore do not warrant or guarantee that their offers will not change or become unavailable. Nor are we responsible for their products, services or site content. Please see their sites for their most up-to-date offer information and all applicable terms and conditions.