This site is part of an affiliate sales network and receives compensation for sending traffic to partner sites, such as CreditCards.com. This compensation may impact how and where links appear on this site. This site does not include all financial companies or all available financial offers.
NOTE: If you do plan to visit, you still need to be in one of the 12 qualifying categories.
A good sale for nonstop service to Havana. Alaska Air is launching the ONLY nonstop from anywhere in the West Coast to Havana on January 9th. This is the introductory launch fare pricing.
Cuba is one of the countries with active cases of Zika virus transmission. Please read up on it at the Center for Disease Control if you are planning to go.
Here are some practical travel tips to Cuba.
Again, if you do plan to visit, you still need to be in one of the 12 qualifying categories.
Sample Travel Date:
- January 25th – 30th, 2017
- This is just ONE SAMPLE travel date, for more availability, please follow the “Fare Availability” and “How to Search for Availability” instructions below
- Valid for travel January, 2017 – March, 2017. Must purchase at least 3 days in advance of departure
- Please note that while this fare is valid at time of posting, if this post is more than two days old, the fare is likely gone.
How to Search for Availability:
- Go to Alaska Air. Alaska Air will show +/- 3 day availability if you choose “Flexible Dates” like this
- You will be redirect to another search screen:
- Search results will be like this:
- LAX – HAV (Havana) – LAX
- Not permitted
- How to Take Advantage of a Stopover
- Miles Flown: 4,606 miles
- Elite Qualifying Miles: 4,606 miles
- Redeemable Miles: 4,606 miles
How to Book:
- Book on Alaska. Make sure to select “Flexible Dates” to search quickly.
- TripAdvisor - One of the leading hotel meta-search engines. Find the lowest hotel prices from 200+ sites.
- Rental Cars - One of the world’s leading car rental agencies. Includes all the major brands like Hertz, Avis, Budget, Dollar, Enterprise etc.
Activities and Tours
- Viator – The world's largest marketplace for destination activities and tours
- Visa: US Citizens – Need to be in one of the 12 qualifying categories. Other nationals, check the TIMATIC Visa Database
- Currency: Cuban Convertible Peso (CUC). $1USD = 1 CUC
Tips for saving when using credit cards at international destinations:
- No Foreign Transaction Fee Credit Cards to save on international purchases
- Don’t get hit with Dynamic Currency Conversion
- Get your taxes refunded when shopping
- How to Avoid International Data Roaming Charges
For more of the latest cheap Los Angeles Flight Deals:
- Go to the The Los Angeles Flight Deals page
* The Flight Deal will receive a commission if you use the accommodation, car rental, activities, or travel insurance affiliate links to make a booking or apply and is approved for a credit card using our link above. Thank you for your continuing support.
To make sure you receive our latest deals, LIKE our The Flight Deal Facebook Page, follow us on Twitter @TheFlightDeal, Threads @TheFlightDeal or The Flight Deal WhatsApp channel or subscribe to The Flight Deal RSS Feed or Subscribe via Email (Once a Day)
The Flight Deal does not sell travel products or services. We provide you with information about third-party travel suppliers’ offers, and link you to their sites. The information posted by The Flight Deal is valid at the time of publication. However, we have no control over the suppliers, and we therefore do not warrant or guarantee that their offers will not change or become unavailable. Nor are we responsible for their products, services or site content. Please see their sites for their most up-to-date offer information and all applicable terms and conditions.