jetBlue – Starting $135: New York / Fort Lauderdale / Orlando – Havana, Cuba. Roundtrip, including all Taxes
NOTE: If you do plan to visit, you still need to be in one of the 12 qualifying categories.
jetBlue is launching nonstop service to Havana from New York, Fort Lauderdale and Orlando. Service from New York will launch on November 28th while Fort Lauderdale is on November 30th.
Fort Lauderdale and Orlando is $135 while New York is $198. Using the jetBlue Best Fare Finder, you can see availability from connecting cities like Philadelphia, Hartford, Washington D.C. for not much more. Enter Havana first on the destination field, then if you click on the From: field, you should see option to “See full city list” which is all the cities that will connect to the Havana flights.
Cuba is one of the countries with active cases of Zika virus transmission. Please read up on it at the Center for Disease Control if you are planning to go.
Here are some practical travel tips to Cuba.
Again, if you do plan to visit, you still need to be in one of the 12 qualifying categories.
Sample Travel Date:
- Sample from Fort Lauderdale
- November 30th – December 4th
- This is just ONE SAMPLE travel date, for more availability, please follow the “Fare Availability” and “How to Search for Availability” instructions below
- Valid for travel from November 28th or 30th – February, 2017. Must purchase at least 3 days in advance of departure
- Please note that while this fare is valid at time of posting, if this post is more than two days old, the fare is likely gone.
How to Search for Availability:
- Go to JetBlue best fare finder, so you search results will be like this:
jetBlue’s Best Fare Finder seems broken.
- FLL – HAV (Havana) – FLL
- Not permitted
- How to Take Advantage of a Stopover
- Miles Flown: 511 miles
How to Book:
- Book on jetBlue. Just use the normal jetBlue site and use its normal +/- 3 day availability search.
Fort Lauderdale – Havana:
New York – Havana:
- HotelsCombined - One of the leading hotel meta-search engines. Search all the hotel and online travel agencies with one search.
- Rental Cars - One of the world’s leading car rental agencies. Includes all the major brands like Hertz, Avis, Budget, Dollar, Enterprise etc.
Activities and Tours
- Viator – The world's largest marketplace for destination activities and tours
- Visa: US Citizens – Need to be in one of the 12 qualifying categories. Other nationals, check the TIMATIC Visa Database
- Currency: Cuban Convertible Peso (CUC). $1USD = 1 CUC
Tips for saving when using credit cards at international destinations:
- No Foreign Transaction Fee Credit Cards to save on international purchases
- Don’t get hit with Dynamic Currency Conversion
- Get your taxes refunded when shopping
- How to Avoid International Data Roaming Charges
For more of the latest cheap Miami / Fort Lauderdale Flight Deals:
For more of the latest cheap New York Flight Deals:
- Go to the The New York Flight Deals page
* The Flight Deal will receive a commission if you use the accommodation, car rental, activities, or travel insurance affiliate links to make a booking. Thank you for your continuing support.
The Flight Deal does not sell travel products or services. We provide you with information about third-party travel suppliers’ offers, and link you to their sites. The information posted by The Flight Deal is valid at the time of publication. However, we have no control over the suppliers, and we therefore do not warrant or guarantee that their offers will not change or become unavailable. Nor are we responsible for their products, services or site content. Please see their sites for their most up-to-date offer information and all applicable terms and conditions.