Virgin Atlantic has an “low” fare from the US to London. Prices are:
- Las Vegas for $271
- Seattle / San Francisco / Houston / Minneapolis for under $400
- Boston / New York / Washington D.C. / Miami / Detroit for about $450
- Atlanta / Los Angeles in the $500
Availability is extremely limited. You have to go via Kayak to find it. See the pics below to how to best use Kayak’s +/- 3 day feature to find availability. There isn’t a lot of availability and is disappearing. This isn’t going to last.
With “LOW” fares, wait for the eticket # to be issued before making any prepaid travel arrangements.
Update 9/23/2016 @ 9:15PM Eastern – fare gone
- We found availability until May, 2017
- Please note that while this fare is valid at time of posting, if this post is more than two days old, the fare is likely gone.
How to Search for Availability:
- Use the Kayak‘s +/-3 day feature like this
So you get results like this:
This is the easiest way to find it.
- LAS – LGW (London) – LAS. Use LON to search for both LGW (London Gatwick) and LHR (London – Heathrow). Virgin’s service is mostly to Heathrow, but some are to Gatwick
- Not permitted
- How to Take Advantage of a Stopover
Virgin Atlantic is a Delta partner. Mileage earning with Delta is as follows from Las Vegas. Other cities will vary:
- Miles Flown: 10,506 miles or 2.5 cents per mile
- Elite Qualifying Miles: 10,506 miles
- Redeemable Miles: 5,253 miles
How to Book:
- Book on Kayak.
Update 9/23/2016 @ 9:07PM – If Kayak does this to you, hit refresh on your browser. It should bring results:
- TripAdvisor - One of the leading hotel meta-search engines. Find the lowest hotel prices from 200+ sites.
- Rental Cars - One of the world’s leading car rental agencies. Includes all the major brands like Hertz, Avis, Budget, Dollar, Enterprise etc.
Activities and Tours
- Viator – The world's largest marketplace for destination activities and tours
- Visa: US Citizens – Not required. Other nationals, check the TIMATIC Visa Database
- Currency: British Pound (GBP). $1USD = 0.77 GBP
Tips for saving when using credit cards at international destinations:
- No Foreign Transaction Fee Credit Cards to save on international purchases
- Don’t get hit with Dynamic Currency Conversion
- Get your taxes refunded when shopping
- How to Avoid International Data Roaming Charges
For more of the latest cheap Flight Deals:
- Go to the The Flight Deals page
* The Flight Deal will receive a commission if you use the accommodation, car rental, activities, or travel insurance affiliate links to make a booking. Thank you for your continuing support.
The Flight Deal does not sell travel products or services. We provide you with information about third-party travel suppliers’ offers, and link you to their sites. The information posted by The Flight Deal is valid at the time of publication. However, we have no control over the suppliers, and we therefore do not warrant or guarantee that their offers will not change or become unavailable. Nor are we responsible for their products, services or site content. Please see their sites for their most up-to-date offer information and all applicable terms and conditions.