ExploreTrip (http://www.exploretrip.com) has some really low priced fares to China on a mix Air Canada and Air China flights.
With extremely low priced fares such as this, we recommend:
- Wait until you receive the eticket number
- Then wait some more (a week or two)
- Before paying for any prepaid travel arrangements (like positioning flights, hotels etc)
Here’s how ExploreTrip handled a low price fare from the US to Europe last time, in case you want are thinking about this. For those thinking about positioning for these flights – we don’t particularly recommend it. China goes on sale frequently in the 500s and 600s from a lot of cities.
Update 7/4/2016 @ 10:10AM Eastern – fare gone
To find these, stick to the following:
- Travel from September – November
- Monday through Thursday departures
- Air Canada and Air China are members of the Star Alliance and United partners. Most fares will earn at minimum 25% mileage with United.
Portland – Beijing – $269
Seattle – Beijing – $298:
Availability also to Chengdu, Guangzhou from Seattle and Beijing.
Chicago – Beijing for $309:
Availability from Chicago isn’t that great.
- TripAdvisor - One of the leading hotel meta-search engines. Find the lowest hotel prices from 200+ sites.
- Rental Cars - One of the world’s leading car rental agencies. Includes all the major brands like Hertz, Avis, Budget, Dollar, Enterprise etc.
Activities and Tours
- Viator – The world's largest marketplace for destination activities and tours
- Visa: US Citizens – required prior to arrival. $140. Other nationals, check the TIMATIC Visa Database
- Currency: Chinese Yuan Renminbi (CNY) – $1USD = 6.65 CNY
- How to Visit Shanghai or Beijing for Up to 72 Hours without a Visa
Tips for saving when using credit cards at international destinations:
- No Foreign Transaction Fee Credit Cards to save on international purchases
- Don’t get hit with Dynamic Currency Conversion
- Get your taxes refunded when shopping
- How to Avoid International Data Roaming Charges
For more of the latest cheap Dallas / Fort Worth Flight Deals:
* The Flight Deal will receive a commission if you use the accommodation, car rental, activities, or travel insurance affiliate links to make a booking or apply and is approved for a credit card using our link above. Thank you for your continuing support.
The Flight Deal does not sell travel products or services. We provide you with information about third-party travel suppliers’ offers, and link you to their sites. The information posted by The Flight Deal is valid at the time of publication. However, we have no control over the suppliers, and we therefore do not warrant or guarantee that their offers will not change or become unavailable. Nor are we responsible for their products, services or site content. Please see their sites for their most up-to-date offer information and all applicable terms and conditions.