A good sale to Iceland. WOW Air, the Icelandic low cost carrier run these specials with some frequency.
Be mindful of their fees. If you are traveling with anything more than a small backpack that is less than 11 pounds, you should prepay for luggage at $48 per leg or $96 roundtrip. WOW Air WILL CHECK the weight of each bag. So realistically, the cheapest for most travelers is $346 roundtrip.
Here are some practical travel tips to Iceland.
Sample Travel Date:
- October 29th – November 3rd
- We found availability in from late October- early December
- Please note that while this fare is valid at time of posting, if this post is more than two days old, the fare is likely gone.
How to Search for Availability:
- Use the WOW Air flexible date calendar to find availability.
- BOS – KEF (Reykjavik) – BOS
- Not permitted
- How to Take Advantage of a Stopover
- Miles Flown: 4,826 miles or 5.2 cents per mile
How to Book:
- Book on WOW Air.
- TripAdvisor - One of the leading hotel meta-search engines. Find the lowest hotel prices from 200+ sites.
- Rental Cars - One of the world’s leading car rental agencies. Includes all the major brands like Hertz, Avis, Budget, Dollar, Enterprise etc.
Activities and Tours
- Viator – The world's largest marketplace for destination activities and tours
- Visa: US Citizens – Not required. Other nationals, check the TIMATIC Visa Database
- Currency: Icelandic Krona (ISK). $1USD = 123 ISK
Tips for saving when using credit cards at international destinations:
- No Foreign Transaction Fee Credit Cards to save on international purchases
- Don’t get hit with Dynamic Currency Conversion
- Get your taxes refunded when shopping
- How to Avoid International Data Roaming Charges
For more of the latest cheap Washington D.C. / Baltimore Flight Deals:
* The Flight Deal will receive a commission if you use the accommodation, car rental, activities, or travel insurance affiliate links to make a booking. Thank you for your continuing support.
The Flight Deal does not sell travel products or services. We provide you with information about third-party travel suppliers’ offers, and link you to their sites. The information posted by The Flight Deal is valid at the time of publication. However, we have no control over the suppliers, and we therefore do not warrant or guarantee that their offers will not change or become unavailable. Nor are we responsible for their products, services or site content. Please see their sites for their most up-to-date offer information and all applicable terms and conditions.