The Icelandair deal that allows you to visit both London and Reykjavik is back. Icelandair has a ~$450 fare to London that allows for a free stopover in Iceland. You can go to London with or without the stopover.
Unlike other low cost carriers (Norwegian, WOW etc), Icelandair allows for 2 free checked bag. That is a large saving compared to Norwegian or WOW whose baggage fees are over $150 roundtrip.
Sample Travel Date:
- New York to London: April 11th, 2016
- London to Reykjavik: April 14th
- Reykjavik to New York: April 18th
- Valid for travel from March 25th – May 17th. Must purchase at least 1 day in advance of departure
- Please note that while this fare is valid at time of posting, if this post is more than two days old, the fare is likely gone.
How to Search for Availability:
- Search on Icelandair. Just enter your dates like the above and let it see if there’s availability. On Icelandair, enter New York to search for availability from both Newark and JFK. Likewise for London, enter London to search for availability to/from both London/Heathrow and London/Gatwick. We would do the Reykjavik stopover last as the connection between the London to Reyjkavik to New York flight will required an overnight.
- EWR – KEF (Reykjavik) – LHR (London – Heathrow) // LGW (London – Gatwick) – KEF – EWR. Also available from JFK.
- Miles Flown: 7,574 miles or 5.8 cents per mile
How to Book:
- Book on Icelandair. Select “Icelandair Stopover/Return from another city” and enter it as three segments and the respective dates for those segments:
- Segment 1: New York – London
- Segment 2: London – Reykjavik
- Segment 3: Reykjavik – New York
- TripAdvisor - One of the leading hotel meta-search engines. Find the lowest hotel prices from 200+ sites.
- Rental Cars - One of the world’s leading car rental agencies. Includes all the major brands like Hertz, Avis, Budget, Dollar, Enterprise etc.
Activities and Tours
- Viator – The world's largest marketplace for destination activities and tours
- Visa: US Citizens – not required. Other nationals, check the TIMATIC Visa Database
- Currency: British Pound (GBP). $1USD = 0.67 GBP
- Visa: US Citizens – Not required. Other nationals, check the TIMATIC Visa Database
- Currency: Icelandic Krona (ISK). $1USD = 130.18 ISK
Tips for saving when using credit cards at international destinations:
- No Foreign Transaction Fee Credit Cards to save on international purchases
- Don’t get hit with Dynamic Currency Conversion
- Get your taxes refunded when shopping
- How to Avoid International Data Roaming Charges
For more of the latest cheap New York Flight Deals:
- Go to the The New York Flight Deals page
* The Flight Deal will receive a commission if you use the accommodation, car rental, activities, or travel insurance affiliate links to make a booking or apply and is approved for a credit card using our link above. Thank you for your continuing support.
The Flight Deal does not sell travel products or services. We provide you with information about third-party travel suppliers’ offers, and link you to their sites. The information posted by The Flight Deal is valid at the time of publication. However, we have no control over the suppliers, and we therefore do not warrant or guarantee that their offers will not change or become unavailable. Nor are we responsible for their products, services or site content. Please see their sites for their most up-to-date offer information and all applicable terms and conditions.