United is attacking American hubs with a good deal that allows you to visit both Sydney and Bali in one trip. If you just want Bali, this trip is only about $820, adding the Sydney stopover gets you to about $900.
For American flyers, we just checked Philadelphia but it can be done for about $1,200 on AA. Shouldn’t be much different from other cities listed above.
Update 12/29/2015 @ 12:05PM Eastern – fare gone.
Sample Travel Date:
- Sample from Philadelphia
- Philadelphia to Bali: March 14th, 2016
- Bali to Sydney: March 21st, 2016
- Sydney to Philadelphia: March 28th, 2016
- Valid for travel on the outbound from February, 2016 – June 2016 for Monday through Thursday departures and returns. Availability is limited. Must purchase at least 50 days in advance of departure
- Please note that while this fare is valid at time of posting, if this post is more than two days old, the fare is likely gone.
Elite Qualifying Dollars:
- PHL – SFO (San Francisco) – SYD (Sydney) – DPS (Bali) – SYD – LAX (Los Angeles) – IAH (Houston) – PHL. Segments between Sydney and Bali will be operated by Jetstar and will not be non-mileage earning. Do note that Jetstar is a low cost carrier and might charge you a baggage fee for the ONE individual segment between Sydney and Bali. Just be mindful of that.
- How to Take Advantage of a Stopover
Global Premier Upgrade Fare (for United 1K and GS members):
- Miles Flown: 25,868 miles or 3.5 cents per mile
- Elite Qualifying Miles: 20,128 miles or 4.4 cents per mile
- Base Redeemable Miles: 3,621 miles
How to Book:
- Book on Google Flights. We have pre-populated it for you from Philadelphia, so just play around with dates and departure city to get pricing around your preferred dates. We would do Bali first and then Sydney. Just remember that if you do Bali first, your connecting flight from Sydney to Bali will be 2 days after you start from the US since it takes 2 days to get to get Sydney first due to the time difference. E.g., if you left on the 1st, you would land on the 3rd in Sydney.
- TripAdvisor - One of the leading hotel meta-search engines. Find the lowest hotel prices from 200+ sites.
- Rental Cars - One of the world’s leading car rental agencies. Includes all the major brands like Hertz, Avis, Budget, Dollar, Enterprise etc.
Activities and Tours
- Viator – The world's largest marketplace for destination activities and tours
- Visa: US Citizens – Required prior to arrival. Other nationals, check the TIMATIC Visa Database
- Currency: Australian Dollar (AUD). $1USD = 1.38 AUD
- Visa: US Citizens – Not required. Other nationals, check the TIMATIC Visa Database
- Currency: Indonesian Rupiah (IDR) – $1USD = 14,096 IDR
Tips for saving when using credit cards at international destinations:
- No Foreign Transaction Fee Credit Cards to save on international purchases
- Don’t get hit with Dynamic Currency Conversion
- Get your taxes refunded when shopping
- How to Avoid International Data Roaming Charges
For more of the latest cheap Phoenix Flight Deals:
- Go to the The Phoenix Flight Deals page
For more of the latest cheap Dallas / Fort Worth Flight Deals:
For more of the latest cheap Philadelphia Flight Deals:
- Go to the The Philadelphia Flight Deals page
* The Flight Deal will receive a commission if you use the Priceline, accommodation, car rental, activities, or travel insurance affiliate links to make a booking or apply and is approved for a credit card using our link above. Thank you for your continuing support.
The Flight Deal does not sell travel products or services. We provide you with information about third-party travel suppliers’ offers, and link you to their sites. The information posted by The Flight Deal is valid at the time of publication. However, we have no control over the suppliers, and we therefore do not warrant or guarantee that their offers will not change or become unavailable. Nor are we responsible for their products, services or site content. Please see their sites for their most up-to-date offer information and all applicable terms and conditions.