A good deal to both Hong Kong and Beijing. Visiting 2 cities for under $600 is a very good deal. Remember to collect your miles, this is enough miles for a domestic one-way award ticket.
Sample Travel Date:
- Chicago to Hong Kong: October 24th
- Hong Kong to Beijing: October 31st
- Beijing to Chicago: November 7th
- Valid for travel on the outbound from late October – November for Tuesday, Thursday, Saturday and Sunday departures. Must purchase at least 3 days in advance of departure.
- Please note that while this fare is valid at time of posting, if this post is more than two days old, the fare is likely gone.
How to Search for Availability:
- Use Google Flights
- American: N and O
- Cathay Pacific / Dragonair: N
- ORD – DFW (Dallas) – HKG (Hong Kong) – PEK (Beijing) – DFW – ORD. Segment between Hong Kong and Beijing will be operated by Cathay Pacific or Dragonair and will be non-mileage earning.
- Not permitted.
- How to Take Advantage of a Stopover
- Miles Flown: 17,931 miles or 3.2 cents per mile
- Elite Qualifying Miles: 16,697 miles or 3.5 cents per mile
- Redeemable Miles: 16,697 miles
How to Book:
- Book on Google Flights. We have pre-populated Google Flights. Just play around with the dates to have it price. You might also have to switch the outbound to Beijing first and return from Hong Kong to have this price.
- TripAdvisor - One of the leading hotel meta-search engines. Find the lowest hotel prices from 200+ sites.
- Rental Cars - One of the world’s leading car rental agencies. Includes all the major brands like Hertz, Avis, Budget, Dollar, Enterprise etc.
Activities and Tours
- Viator – The world's largest marketplace for destination activities and tours
- Visa: US Citizens – Not required. Other nationals, check the TIMATIC Visa Database
- Currency: Hong Kong Dollar (HKD) – $1USD = 7.8 HKD
- Visa: US Citizens – required prior to arrival. $140. Other nationals, check the TIMATIC Visa Database
- Currency: Chinese Yuan Renminbi (CNY) – $1USD = 6.38 CNY
- How to Visit Shanghai or Beijing for Up to 72 Hours without a Visa
Tips for saving when using credit cards at international destinations:
- No Foreign Transaction Fee Credit Cards to save on international purchases
- Don’t get hit with Dynamic Currency Conversion
- Get your taxes refunded when shopping
- How to Avoid International Data Roaming Charges
For more of the latest cheap Chicago Flight Deals:
- Go to the The Chicago Flight Deals page
* The Flight Deal will receive a commission if you use the accommodation, car rental, activities, or travel insurance affiliate links to make a booking. Thank you for your continuing support.
The Flight Deal does not sell travel products or services. We provide you with information about third-party travel suppliers’ offers, and link you to their sites. The information posted by The Flight Deal is valid at the time of publication. However, we have no control over the suppliers, and we therefore do not warrant or guarantee that their offers will not change or become unavailable. Nor are we responsible for their products, services or site content. Please see their sites for their most up-to-date offer information and all applicable terms and conditions.