Tourism to Cuba is kind of liberalized — you should do your research and see whether you can go. CheapAir made it possible to buy a ticket to Havana on a single transaction recently — still two tickets, but single transaction. Well, today, Copa Air is selling it as a SINGLE itinerary!
Here’s what we found in terms of pricing from the Copa US gateways:
- New York [JFK] – $551
- Washington D.C. [IAD] – $541
- Boston [BOS] – $827
- Chicago [ORD] – $825
- Las Vegas [LAS] – $877
- Orlando [MCO] – $719
- Tampa [TPA] – $716
- Fort Lauderdale [FLL] – $697
- Miami [MIA] – $691
- Los Angeles [LAX] – $885
Sample Travel Date:
- Sample from New York
- April 8th – 14th
- Valid for travel June 30th. Must purchase at least 14 days in advance of departure and by March 16th
- Please note that while this fare is valid at time of posting, if this post is more than two days old, the fare is likely gone.
How to Search for Availability:
- Go to Copa Air and use their flexible search.
- JFK – PTY (Panama City) – HAV (Havana) – PTY – JFK
- Not permitted
- How to Take Advantage of a Stopover
Copa Airlines is a member of the Star Alliance and United Partner. Mileage earning with United as follows:
- Miles Flown: 6,356 miles
- Elite Qualifying Miles: 4,400 miles (we do not believe you will receive credit for the Panama City – Havana segments)
- Base Redeemable Miles: 2,200 miles
How to Book:
- Book on Copa Air. We do not know of any US based travel agencies that will sell tickets to Americans to Cuba with the exception of CheapAir. Otherwise, you have to be part of a tour.
- TripAdvisor - One of the leading hotel meta-search engines. Find the lowest hotel prices from 200+ sites.
- Rental Cars - One of the world’s leading car rental agencies. Includes all the major brands like Hertz, Avis, Budget, Dollar, Enterprise etc.
Activities and Tours
- Viator – The world's largest marketplace for destination activities and tours
- Visa: US Citizens – Not required. Other nationals, check the TIMATIC Visa Database
- Currency: Cuban Convertible Peso (CUC). $1USD = 1 CUC
Tips for saving when using credit cards at international destinations:
- No Foreign Transaction Fee Credit Cards to save on international purchases
- Don’t get hit with Dynamic Currency Conversion
- Get your taxes refunded when shopping
- How to Avoid International Data Roaming Charges
For more of the latest cheap Flight Deals:
- Go to the The Flight Deals page
* The Flight Deal will receive a commission if you use the accommodation, car rental, activities or travel insurance affiliate links to make a booking or apply and is approved for a credit card using our link above. Thank you for your continuing support.
The Flight Deal does not sell travel products or services. We provide you with information about third-party travel suppliers’ offers, and link you to their sites. The information posted by The Flight Deal is valid at the time of publication. However, we have no control over the suppliers, and we therefore do not warrant or guarantee that their offers will not change or become unavailable. Nor are we responsible for their products, services or site content. Please see their sites for their most up-to-date offer information and all applicable terms and conditions.