Just like the DC deal to Beijing, this one requires you to depart by March 31st.
Sample Travel Date:
- March 31st – April 7th
- Valid for travel on the outbound until March 31st for Monday through Wednesday departures. Must purchase by March 31st
How to Search for Availability:
- Use ITA Software Matrix Airfare Search and use the following search criteria:
- Departing from: SFO
- Outbound Advanced Routing Code: sea
- Destination: PEK
- Return Advanced Routing Code: sea
- (Click on Advanced Routing Codes link to enable advanced routing code input)
- Select “See calendar of lowest fares”
- Length of stay “0-7” (the max date range is 7 days. So 0-7, 5-12, 7-14 etc)
- Beginner’s Guide on How to Use Matrix by ITA Software
- How to Read Airfare Rules and Use It to Your Advantage
Elite Qualifying Dollars:
- DCA – SEA (Seattle) – PEK (Beijing) – SEA – DCA
- Two permitted at $100 each in the United States
- How to Take Advantage of a Stopover
Delta will be going to a revenue based mileage earning program starting January 1st, 2015. Miles will be earned based on elite qualifying dollars multiplied by 5 at the base level and up to 13 for Diamond level members who purchase with a Delta co-branded American Express credit card. We will be showing the 2015 base mileage earning for all Delta fares going forward to show how negative the changes are for a majority of Delta flyers.
- 2014: 12,144 miles or 5.8 cents per mile.
- 2015: 3,045 miles or a difference of 9,099 miles.
How to Book:
- Support us by using our Orbitz link to book with dates found on ITA Software Matrix Airfare Search. Make sure you select “Additional Search Options” and then “Narrow the search to my preferred airlines” and select Delta.
For hotel bookings, we recommend that you only book using online travel agencies (Hotels.com, HotelsCombined.com or Hotwire.com) if it is a non-chain hotel. We don’t want you to miss out on earning rewards with chain hotels.
- Accor Hotels
- Sofitel, Pullman, M Gallery, Grand Mercure, Novotel, Mercure, Ibis
- Aloft Hotels
- Four Points
- Hilton Hotels
- Waldorf Astoria, Conrad, Hilton, DoubleTree, Embassy Suites, Hilton Garden Inn, Hampton Inn, Homewood Suites, Home2
- Intercontinental Group
- Intercontinental, Crowne Plaza, Hotel Indigo, Holiday Inn, Holiday Inn Express, Staybridge Suites, Candlewood Suites
- Le Meridien
- Preferred Hotels & Resorts
- Preferred, Sterling, Summit
- W Hotels
- Wyndham Hotels
- Wyndham, Tryp, Wingate, Hawthorn, Microtel, Dream, Planet Hollywood, Ramada, Night, Baymont, Days Inn, Super 8, Howard Johnson, Travelodge, Knights Inn
- Avis – US and Canadian Rentals
- Fox Rent A Car
- Payless Car Rental
- Sixt Car Rental – Good Agency for Rentals in Europe
- Visa: US Citizens – required prior to arrival. $140. Other nationals, check the TIMATIC Visa Database
- Currency: Chinese Yuan Renminbi (CNY) – $1USD = 6.08 CNY
- How to Visit Shanghai or Beijing for Up to 72 Hours without a Visa
Tips for saving when using credit cards at international destinations:
- No Foreign Transaction Fee Credit Cards to save on international purchases
- Don’t get hit with Dynamic Currency Conversion
- Get your taxes refunded when shopping
- How to Avoid International Data Roaming Charges
For more of the latest cheap San Francisco / Bay Area Flight Deals:
* The Flight Deal will receive a small commission if you use the Orbitz, accommodation or car rental affiliate links to make a booking. Thank you for your continuing support.
The Flight Deal does not sell travel products or services. We provide you with information about third-party travel suppliers’ offers, and link you to their sites. The information posted by The Flight Deal is valid at the time of publication. However, we have no control over the suppliers, and we therefore do not warrant or guarantee that their offers will not change or become unavailable. Nor are we responsible for their products, services or site content. Please see their sites for their most up-to-date offer information and all applicable terms and conditions.