A few things about this fare:
- We found some availability during the World Cup
- It is not searchable on ITA
- It is only available on CheapOair
- We do not know if it will earn any miles with American
- It is over 6 cents per mile
- It is only available on our sample date (we tried other combinations, but prices were higher)
- Availability is limited
- Why we publishing it? First bullet — everything else is at least $1,200.
Update 3/28/2014 @ 1:25PM – the $640 fare is gone.
Sample Travel Date:
- June 15th – 22nd
- Valid for travel on the sample dates above. Limited availability.
How to Search for Availability:
- Not applicable
- V – We believe its in V
- JFK – GRU (Sao Paulo) – GIG (Rio de Janeiro) – GRU – JFK. Long layovers in Sao Paulo.
- Not permitted
- How to Take Advantage of a Stopover
- 9,909 miles or 6.4 cents per mile. TAM will be a member of the Oneworld Alliance on March 31st and American partner. Under the existing American mileage chart for TAM, V class fares earn 100% mileage for international segments and 50% mileage for intra-Brazil flights. We believe this fare is in V class and you should earn 9,699 miles. However, this could be a non-mileage fare and/or the existing mileage chart does not apply when TAM is a member of the Oneworld Alliance. Be aware of these caveats!
How to Book:
- Support us by using our CheapOair link to book with our sample dates. Make sure you select “More options” and on preferred airline, type in “TAM Airlines” and select my dates are flexible.
For hotel bookings, we recommend that you only book using online travel agencies (Hotels.com, HotelsCombined.com or Hotwire.com) if it is a non-chain hotel. We don’t want you to miss out on earning rewards with chain hotels.
- Accor Hotels
- Sofitel, Pullman, M Gallery, Grand Mercure, Novotel, Mercure, Ibis
- Aloft Hotels
- Four Points
- Hilton Hotels
- Waldorf Astoria, Conrad, Hilton, DoubleTree, Embassy Suites, Hilton Garden Inn, Hampton Inn, Homewood Suites, Home2
- Intercontinental Group
- Intercontinental, Crowne Plaza, Hotel Indigo, Holiday Inn, Holiday Inn Express, Staybridge Suites, Candlewood Suites
- Le Meridien
- Preferred Hotels & Resorts
- Preferred, Sterling, Summit
- W Hotels
- Wyndham Hotels
- Wyndham, Tryp, Wingate, Hawthorn, Microtel, Dream, Planet Hollywood, Ramada, Night, Baymont, Days Inn, Super 8, Howard Johnson, Travelodge, Knights Inn
- Avis – US and Canadian Rentals
- Fox Rent A Car
- Payless Car Rental
- Sixt Car Rental – Good Agency for Rentals in Europe
- Visa: US Citizens – Required prior to arrival – $160 – $180. Other nationals, check the TIMATIC Visa Database
- Currency: Brazilian Real (BRL) $1USD = 2.32 BRL
Tips for saving when using credit cards at international destinations:
- No Foreign Transaction Fee Credit Cards to save on international purchases
- Don’t get hit with Dynamic Currency Conversion
- Get your taxes refunded when shopping
- How to Avoid International Data Roaming Charges
For more of the latest cheap New York Flight Deals:
- Go to the The New York Flight Deals page
* The Flight Deal will receive a small commission if you use the CheapOair, accommodation or car rental affiliate links to make a booking. Thank you for your continuing support.
The Flight Deal does not sell travel products or services. We provide you with information about third-party travel suppliers’ offers, and link you to their sites. The information posted by The Flight Deal is valid at the time of publication. However, we have no control over the suppliers, and we therefore do not warrant or guarantee that their offers will not change or become unavailable. Nor are we responsible for their products, services or site content. Please see their sites for their most up-to-date offer information and all applicable terms and conditions.