We haven’t written about a credit card signup offer in a very long time. The Points Guys posted a fantastic offer from Citi for it’s Executive AAdvantage World Elite Mastercard with a signup bonus of 100,000 American AAdvantage miles.
Update 6/25/2015 – Offer gone
The offer is:
- 100,000 Bonus American Airlines AAdvantage Miles after you spend $10,000 in 3 months
- $200 statement credit in the first 12 months
- Admirals Club® Membership Privileges
- Earn up to 10,000 Elite Qualifying Miles per calendar year
- No Foreign Transaction Fees
- Enhanced Airport Experience with dedicated check-in and priority screening and boarding
- First Checked Bag Free
- $450 annual fee (not waived)
The $10k spend requirement over 3 months is a lot for most, although it can be met with Vanilla Reloads and Amazon Payments. With the $200 statement credit, in essence, you are buying 100,000 miles for $250 assuming you use none of the other benefits. 100,000 miles is enough for a business class trip to South America or Europe. In our books, this is a good deal.
Some caveats, this does ask for a referral code and airport code. The application does through without those two codes. As always with the potentially targeted offers, your mileage may vary. Remember to take screenshots.
Update 1/28/2014 @ 3:55PM Eastern: Our reader Andrew just share a referral code and airport code. Referral Code: 004704 Airport Code: HNL.
* The application link is not an affiliate link so we do not have a monetary incentive to provide this information to you.
To make sure you receive our latest deals, LIKE our The Flight Deal Facebook Page, follow us on Twitter @TheFlightDeal, Threads @TheFlightDeal or The Flight Deal WhatsApp channel or subscribe to The Flight Deal RSS Feed or Subscribe via Email (Once a Day)
The Flight Deal does not sell travel products or services. We provide you with information about third-party travel suppliers’ offers, and link you to their sites. The information posted by The Flight Deal is valid at the time of publication. However, we have no control over the suppliers, and we therefore do not warrant or guarantee that their offers will not change or become unavailable. Nor are we responsible for their products, services or site content. Please see their sites for their most up-to-date offer information and all applicable terms and conditions.