Air Berlin, Germany’s 2nd largest carrier, member of the Oneworld and American Airlines partner is running a good Black Friday sale. Berlin and Dusseldorf for about $1,000 when you travel with another person — or $500 per person. That’s a good deal to Europe. Air Berlin has very cheap fares to the rest of Europe from Berlin and Dusseldorf.
This does not meet our criterion of 6 cents per mile as Air Berlin discount fares will only 25% mileage with American. A few things to consider when booking this fare:
- It is only bookable on AirBerlin.com/fly2gether
- Must book with 2 passengers.
- We had difficulties getting it to price in US Dollars. It kept pricing in Euros
- As such, remember to use a no fee foreign exchange credit card like American Express Platinum Charge Card or Chase Sapphire to book.
- European date format is Date / Month / Year
Sample Travel Date:
- Sample from New York to Berlin
- February 4th – 9th, 2014
- Valid for travel from January 1st, 2014 – March 21st, 2014. Must book by December 1st
Partner Fare Class:
- We believe it is in one of these classes – N, Q, O, G, P, E, W
- 8,009 miles 6.2 cents per mile. These fares will only earn 25% mileage with American or 2,002 miles
How To Book:
- Must book at AirBerlin.com/fly2gether
For hotel bookings, we recommend that you only book using online travel agencies (Hotels.com or Hotwire.com) if it is a non-chain hotel. We don’t want you to miss out on earning rewards with chain hotels.
- Accor Hotels
- Sofitel, Pullman, M Gallery, Grand Mercure, Novotel, Mercure, Ibis
- Country Inns and Suites
- Design Hotels
- Hilton Hotels
- Waldorf Astoria, Conrad, Hilton, DoubleTree, Embassy Suites, Hilton Garden Inn, Hampton Inn, Homewood Suites, Home2
- Intercontinental Group
- Intercontinental, Crowne Plaza, Hotel Indigo, Holiday Inn, Holiday Inn Express, Staybridge Suites, Candlewood Suites
- Marriott International
- Marriott, JW Marriott, Courtyard y Marriott, Renaissance, Residence Inn, Fairfield Inn & Suites, Springhill Suites, Delta Hotels, Moxy, AC Hotels, TownePlace, Autograph Collection, Protea Hotels.
- Preferred Hotels & Resorts
- Preferred, Sterling, Summit
- Radisson Hotels
- Radisson Blu, Radisson, Park Plaza, Park Inn, Hotel Missioni
- Wyndham Hotels
- Wyndham, Tryp, Wingate, Hawthorn, Microtel, Dream, Planet Hollywood, Ramada, Night, Baymont, Days Inn, Super 8, Howard Johnson, Travelodge, Knights Inn
- Avis – US and Canadian Rentals
- Fox Rent A Car
- Payless Car Rental
- Sixt Car Rental – Good Agency for Rentals in Europe
- Visa Requirements: US Citizens – Not required. Other nationals, check the TIMATIC Visa Database
- Currency: Euro (EUR). $1USD = 0.735 EUR
Tips for saving when using credit cards at international destinations:
- No Foreign Transaction Fee Credit Cards to save on international purchases
- Don’t get hit with Dynamic Currency Conversion
- Get your taxes refunded when shopping
- How to Avoid International Data Roaming Charges
For more of the latest cheap Flight Deals:
- Go to the The Flight Deals page
* The Flight Deal will receive a small commission if you use the accommodation or car rental affiliate links to make a booking. Thank you for your continuing support.
The Flight Deal does not sell travel products or services. We provide you with information about third-party travel suppliers’ offers, and link you to their sites. The information posted by The Flight Deal is valid at the time of publication. However, we have no control over the suppliers, and we therefore do not warrant or guarantee that their offers will not change or become unavailable. Nor are we responsible for their products, services or site content. Please see their sites for their most up-to-date offer information and all applicable terms and conditions.