Our Twitter follower, Andy of MilesCoach.com gave us a heads up on this. United is pricing one-way to New Zealand from $
380 $339- $525 across the United States. It does not work for roundtrips, so our advice is if you are going to take advantage of this deal is to use miles to get back. The best miles to use would be United and American. JetStar is a cheap way to get around New Zealand. Definitely visit Queenstown!
Our team members R+V just came back from New Zealand as part of their honeymoon to NZ and Bora Bora. They had a great time. If you can make this work, definitely one of the better deals we have seen to New Zealand.
Update: 7/19/2013 @ 9:45PM – September departures are about $100 more. Please see updated information below with fare rules and best way to search for availability.
Update: 7/20/2013 @ 3:30AM Eastern – looks like the fare is gone.
- Newark – $458
- Dallas – $458
- DC – $523
- Los Angeles – $389 (Now its down to $339)
- San Francisco – $389 (Now its down to $339)
- And yes, prices can be lower. See below to find them.
Sample Travel Date:
- Sample from Newark
- August 14th
- Valid for travel in August – September 21st. Prices in September are approximately $100 more. This does not show up on ITA. You will need to search on United.com. Use the “My Dates are Flexible” to see prices by month. The fare rule states this must be purchased by July 22nd and at least 8 days advance of departure. However, we do not expect this to last until then.
You’ll see this. A lot easier than manually searching day by day.
Partner Fare Class:
- Fare Basis: KN3OSP (August) and KN3O (September)
- EWR – IAH (Houston) – SFO (San Francisco) – AKL (Auckland)
- The segments within the United States are 100% mileage earning. The segment between the US and New Zealand is operated by Air New Zealand and earn 0% with both United and US Airways.
- We are posting this despite its poor costs per mile because New Zealand is never cheap.
To get back, here’s a quick search of on AA.COM for availability in August. In a 2 minute search, we found we can come back on the 20th for 37.5K miles in Coach and about $42 in taxes. We didn’t check United.com.
How to Book:
- Use dates found on ITA Software Matrix Airfare Search and book on United.com
- United’s risk free cancellation policy here
- Visa: US Citizens – not required. Other nationals, check the TIMATIC Visa Database
- Currency: New Zealand Dollar (NZD) $1USD = 1.26 NZD
Tips for saving when using credit cards at international destinations:
- No Foreign Transaction Fee Credit Cards to save on international purchases
- Don’t get hit with Dynamic Currency Conversion
- Get your taxes refunded when shopping
- How to Avoid International Data Roaming Charges
For more of the latest cheap Flight Deals:
- Go to the The Flight Deals page
To make sure you receive our latest deals, LIKE our The Flight Deal Facebook Page, follow us on Twitter @TheFlightDeal, or subscribe to The Flight Deal RSS Feed or Subscribe via Email (Once a Day)
The Flight Deal does not sell travel products or services. We provide you with information about third-party travel suppliers’ offers, and link you to their sites. The information posted by The Flight Deal is valid at the time of publication. However, we have no control over the suppliers, and we therefore do not warrant or guarantee that their offers will not change or become unavailable. Nor are we responsible for their products, services or site content. Please see their sites for their most up-to-date offer information and all applicable terms and conditions.