We haven’t seen Ho Chi Minh City or Saigon for under $1,000 from New York City in a long time. Saigon is a great springboard to visit the rest of Vietnam and the Mekong Delta.
Sample Travel Date:
- April 8th – 16th
- Valid for travel until April 30th or August 21st – November 30th for Monday through Thursday departures. We see availability beginning late March. Use ITA Software Matrix Airfare Search and flexible month search to see availability — enable advanced routing codes and enter “ua+” on both the outbound and return advance routing code fields to search only United Airlines availability. Must purchase at least 3 days in advance of departure.
- LGA – ORD (Chicago) – HKG (Hong Kong) – SGN (Ho Chi Minh City) – HKG – NRT (Tokyo) – JFK
- 18,933 miles or 5.2 cents per mile
How to Book:
- Use dates found at ITA Software Matrix Airfare Search and book on Orbitz.com. Make sure you select “Additional Search Options” and then “Narrow the search to my preferred airlines” select United Airlines to find availability. Enter “NYC” as the outbound city for search and purchase purposes.
- Visa Requirements: US Citizens. Visa required prior to arrival. Prices vary, however, you may have an agent arrange a visa for pick-up upon arrival at Ho Chi Minh City Airport for a $20-25 handling fee paid upfront + $45 for the visa itself (also payable upon arrival). The Flight Deal team has used VietnamStay.com in the past for this service. It is much better than sending away your passport. Other nationals, check the TIMATIC Visa Database.
- Currency: Vietnamese Dong (VND). $1USD = 20,833 VND
Tips for saving when using credit cards at international destinations:
- No Foreign Transaction Fee Credit Cards to save on international purchases
- Don’t get hit with Dynamic Currency Conversion
- Get your taxes refunded when shopping
For more of the latest cheap New York Flight Deals:
- Go to the The New York Flight Deals page
The Flight Deal does not sell travel products or services. We provide you with information about third-party travel suppliers’ offers, and link you to their sites. The information posted by The Flight Deal is valid at the time of publication. However, we have no control over the suppliers, and we therefore do not warrant or guarantee that their offers will not change or become unavailable. Nor are we responsible for their products, services or site content. Please see their sites for their most up-to-date offer information and all applicable terms and conditions.