Hanoi is a great base to visit Ha Long Bay, Sapa, and as a springboard to visit Laos.
Sample Travel Date:
- May 8th – 19th
- Valid for travel from May 1st – May 20th or August 21st – November 20th for Monday through Thursday departures. Availability is best beginning late March. Use ITA Software Matrix Airfare Search and flexible month search to see availability — enable advanced routing codes and enter “dl+” to search only Delta availability. Must purchase at least 5 days in advance of departure
- SFO – NRT (Tokyo) – TPE (Taipei) – HAN (Hanoi) – TPE – NRT – SFO. Includes an overnight layover on the return.
- 14,954 miles or 6.0 cents per mile
How to Book:
- Use dates found on ITA Software Matrix Airfare Search and book on Delta.com.
- Delta’s risk free cancellation policy here
- Visa Requirements: US Citizens. Visa required prior to arrival. Prices vary. However, you may have an agent arrange a visa for pick-up upon arrival at Hanoi Airport for a $20-25 handling fee paid upfront + $45 for the visa itself (also payable upon arrival). The Flight Deal team has used VietnamStay.com in the past for this service. It is much better than sending away your passport. Other nationals, check the TIMATIC Visa Database.
- Currency: Vietnamese Dong (VND). $1USD = 20,833 VND
Tips for saving when using credit cards at international destinations:
- No Foreign Transaction Fee Credit Cards to save on international purchases
- Don’t get hit with Dynamic Currency Conversion
- Get your taxes refunded when shopping
For more of the latest cheap San Francisco / Bay Area Flight Deals:
The Flight Deal does not sell travel products or services. We provide you with information about third-party travel suppliers’ offers, and link you to their sites. The information posted by The Flight Deal is valid at the time of publication. However, we have no control over the suppliers, and we therefore do not warrant or guarantee that their offers will not change or become unavailable. Nor are we responsible for their products, services or site content. Please see their sites for their most up-to-date offer information and all applicable terms and conditions.