Istanbul is a great springboard to visit the rest of Turkey as well as Europe since it is home to many low cost carriers. Use skyscanner.net to search for cheap fares.
Sample Travel Date:
- February 11th – 19th
- Valid for travel until March 20th for Sunday through Thursday departures from the United States and Monday through Thursday to the United States. Use ITA Software Matrix Airfare Search and flexible month search to see availability — enable advanced routing codes and enter “ua+” to search only United flights. Must purchase by March 12th.
- SFO – EWR (Newark) – IST (Istanbul) – EWR – SFO
- 15,188 miles or 5.9 cents per mile
How to Book:
- Use dates found on ITA Software Matrix Search and book on United.com
- United’s risk free cancellation policy here
- Visa: US Citizens – Visa on Arrival for $20. Other nationals, check the TIMATIC Visa Database
- Currency: Turkish Lira (TRY) – $1USD = 1.79 TRY
Tips for saving when using credit cards at international destinations:
- No Foreign Transaction Fee Credit Cards to save on international purchases
- Don’t get hit with Dynamic Currency Conversion
- Get your taxes refunded when shopping
For more of the latest cheap San Francisco / Bay Area Flight Deals:
The Flight Deal does not sell travel products or services. We provide you with information about third-party travel suppliers’ offers, and link you to their sites. The information posted by The Flight Deal is valid at the time of publication. However, we have no control over the suppliers, and we therefore do not warrant or guarantee that their offers will not change or become unavailable. Nor are we responsible for their products, services or site content. Please see their sites for their most up-to-date offer information and all applicable terms and conditions.