A great fare for nonstop service between Washington D.C. and Istanbul. Istanbul is a great springboard to visit the rest of Europe.
Sample Travel Date:
- February 11th – 19th
- Valid for departures from February 8th – 17th from the United States. You can return up to 3 months after departure. Use ITA Software Matrix Airfare Search and flexible month search to see availability — enable advanced routing codes and enter “tk+” to search only Turkish Airlines availability. Must purchase at least 8 days in advance of departure.
- IAD – IST (Istanbul) – IAD
- 10,450 miles or 3.8 cents per mile. Turkish is a member of Star Alliance and partners with United Airlines. Provide the Turkish check-in staff with your United MileagePlus number to receive 100% credit. This is booked in G class; there have been reports that G class fares are not crediting with United properly and require multiple manual requests with United to get credit. If so, your mileage may vary with crediting.
How to Book:
- Visa: US Citizens – Visa on Arrival for $20. Other nationals, check the TIMATIC Visa Database
- Currency: Turkish Lira (TRY) – $1USD = 1.87 TRY
Tips for saving when using credit cards at international destinations:
- No Foreign Transaction Fee Credit Cards to save on international purchases
- Don’t get hit with Dynamic Currency Conversion
- Get your taxes refunded when shopping
For more of the latest cheap Washington D.C. / Baltimore Flight Deals:
The Flight Deal does not sell travel products or services. We provide you with information about third-party travel suppliers’ offers, and link you to their sites. The information posted by The Flight Deal is valid at the time of publication. However, we have no control over the suppliers, and we therefore do not warrant or guarantee that their offers will not change or become unavailable. Nor are we responsible for their products, services or site content. Please see their sites for their most up-to-date offer information and all applicable terms and conditions.