A good deal to Beijing for travel beginning in January 2013. Beijing is probably the best introduction to China for first time visitors. There are tons of historic sites but we are a bit biased towards Beijing because it has what we think is the world’s best Peking Duck restaurant at Made in China in the Grand Hyatt Beijing.
The fare has been bouncing all over the place this week — one minute it is at $787, the next at $846, and then the next at $956. It seems to have stabilized at $846.
- January 22nd – 29th, 2013. Valid for travel from January 1st, 2013 – April 30th, 2013 for Monday through Thursday departures. Use ITA Software Matrix Airfare Search and flexible month search to see availability — enable advanced routing codes and enter “dl+” on both the outbound and return advanced routing code fields to search only Delta availability. Must purchase by October 10th.
- DCA – LGA (New York) – DTW (Detroit) – PEK (Beijing) – DTW – LGA – DCA
- 14,680 miles or 5.8 cents per mile
- Use dates found at ITA Software Matrix Airfare Search and book on Orbitz.com. Delta is not pricing the itinerary correctly. Make sure “Additional search options” is selected then check “Narrow the search to my preferred airlines” and select Delta if you are using Orbitz.com to have this price out.
- Visa: US Citizens – required prior to arrival. $140. Other nationals, check the TIMATIC Visa Database
- Currency: Chinese Yuan Renminbi (CNY) – $1USD = 6.3 CNY
Tips for saving when using credit cards at international destinations:
- No Fee Foreign Transaction Credit Cards to save on international purchases
- Don’t get hit with Dynamic Currency Conversion
- Get your taxes refunded when shopping
For more of the latest cheap Washington D.C. / Baltimore Flight Deals:
The Flight Deal does not sell travel products or services. We provide you with information about third-party travel suppliers’ offers, and link you to their sites. The information posted by The Flight Deal is valid at the time of publication. However, we have no control over the suppliers, and we therefore do not warrant or guarantee that their offers will not change or become unavailable. Nor are we responsible for their products, services or site content. Please see their sites for their most up-to-date offer information and all applicable terms and conditions.