We find this combination funny — American and Turkish are part of two different alliances. You would’ve imagine Turkish would’ve filed the fare with United or US Airways to take care of the domestic segment, but the fare rules explicitly states that the domestic segment cannot be on United and must be on American or Delta.
- October 16th – 23rd. Valid for travel from October 10th – December 12th, 2012 or December 26th, 2012 – March 31st, 2013. Use ITA Software Matrix Airfare Search and flexible month search to see availability — availability is scattered. Must purchase by September 16th
- BOS – JFK (New York) – IST (Istanbul) – ORD (Chicago) – BOS. The JFK – IST – ORD segments are operated by Turkish and the rest are operated by American
- 11,559 miles or 5.4 cents per mile. You will earn 1,053 miles with American Airlines for the Philadelphia and Chicago segments and 10,506 miles with United Airlines for the Turkish Airlines segments between Chicago and Istanbul. Turkish Airlines is a member of the Star Alliance and is a partner with United Airlines.
- Visa: US Citizens – Visa on Arrival for $20. Other nationals, check the TIMATIC Visa Database
- Currency: Turkish Lira (TRY) – $1USD = 1.87 TRY
Tips for saving when using credit cards at international destinations:
- No Foreign Transaction Fee Credit Cards to save on international purchases
- Don’t get hit with Dynamic Currency Conversion
- Get your taxes refunded when shopping
For more of the latest Boston Flight Deals:
- Go to the The Flight Deal Boston page
The Flight Deal does not sell travel products or services. We provide you with information about third-party travel suppliers’ offers, and link you to their sites. The information posted by The Flight Deal is valid at the time of publication. However, we have no control over the suppliers, and we therefore do not warrant or guarantee that their offers will not change or become unavailable. Nor are we responsible for their products, services or site content. Please see their sites for their most up-to-date offer information and all applicable terms and conditions.