A very good fare to Montevideo. Montevideo is a good base to visit Punte del Estes and Buenos Aires. Going to Buenos Aires via a ferry from Montevideo would save Americans the $140 reciprocity fee that Argentina charges for entering Argentina through the two Buenos Aires airports.
- November 1st – 8th. Valid for travel from October – June, 2013 for Monday through Thursday departure . Use ITA Software Matrix Airfare Search and flexible month search to see availability. Must purchase at least 1 day in advance of departure
- JFK – BOG (Bogota, Colombia) – LIM (Lima, Peru) – MVD (Montevideo) – LIM – SAL (San Salvador, El Salvador) – JFK
- 11,798 miles or 4.8 cents per mile. TACA is a member of the Star Alliance and partners with United and US Airways. This fare will earn 100% mileage with United. Provide the checkin staff with your United MileagePlus number to receive credit.
- Visa: US Citizens – not required. Other nationals, check the TIMATIC Visa Database
- Currency: Uruguyan Peso (UYU) $1USD = 21.25 UYU
Tips for saving when using credit cards at international destinations:
- No Foreign Transaction Fee Credit Cards to save on international purchases
- Don’t get hit with Dynamic Currency Conversion
- Get your taxes refunded when shopping
For more New York Flight Deals:
- Go to the The Flight Deal New York page
The Flight Deal does not sell travel products or services. We provide you with information about third-party travel suppliers’ offers, and link you to their sites. The information posted by The Flight Deal is valid at the time of publication. However, we have no control over the suppliers, and we therefore do not warrant or guarantee that their offers will not change or become unavailable. Nor are we responsible for their products, services or site content. Please see their sites for their most up-to-date offer information and all applicable terms and conditions.