A few days ago, we posted a fare from Chicago to Istanbul on Star Alliance carriers. KLM has responded with a lower price, saving you over $30. We always like a little fare war because the consumer always win.
- October 26th – November 2nd. Valid for travel from October 26th – December 16th or December 24th – March 24th, 2013. Use ITA Software Matrix Airfare Search and flexible month search to see availability — enable advance routing codes and enter “kl+” on both outbound and return fields to search only KLM availability. Must purchase by March 31st, 2013. (This does not mean this fare will be available until then; KLM can pull this anytime).
- ORD – AMS (Amsterdam) – IST (Istanbul) – AMS – ORD
- 10,956 miles or 4.8 cents per mile. KLM partners with Delta and is the national airline of the Netherlands. This fare will credit 100% mileage with Delta SkyMiles. Remember to provide them your Delta SkyMiles number at check-in to receive your miles. DO NOT CREDIT THIS TO KLM’s program, as it will only earn 25%. Credit to Delta!
- Use dates found on ITA Software Matrix Search and book on KLM.com.
- Visa: US Citizens – Visa on Arrival for $20. Other nationals, check the TIMATIC Visa Database
- Currency: Turkish Lira (TRY) – $1USD = 1.87 TRY
Tips for saving when using credit cards at international destinations:
- No Foreign Transaction Fee Credit Cards to save on international purchases
- Don’t get hit with Dynamic Currency Conversion
- Get your taxes refunded when shopping
The Flight Deal does not sell travel products or services. We provide you with information about third-party travel suppliers’ offers, and link you to their sites. The information posted by The Flight Deal is valid at the time of publication. However, we have no control over the suppliers, and we therefore do not warrant or guarantee that their offers will not change or become unavailable. Nor are we responsible for their products, services or site content. Please see their sites for their most up-to-date offer information and all applicable terms and conditions.