A very good fare for non-stop service to Istanbul. We have not seen fares to Istanbul for under $600 for nonstop service since January!
- October 1st – 9th. Valid for travel from September 20th – December 10th or January 10th, 2013 – March 10th, 2013. Use ITA Software Matrix Airfare Search and flexible month search to see availability — enable “advanced routing codes” and enter “tk+” on both the outbound and return field to search for only Turkish Airlines. Must purchase at least 3 days in advance of departure and by September 20th.
- IAD – IST (Istanbul) – IAD
- 10,450 miles or 5.5 cents per mile. Turkish Airlines is a partner with United Airlines and is a member of the Star Alliance, you will receive 100% mileage credit with United Airlines. 10,450 miles is almost enough for a one way domestic reward ticket — or up to $250 in value. Provide the Turkish Airlines checkin staff with your MileagePlus number to receive your miles.
- Visa: US Citizens – Visa on Arrival for $20. Other nationals, check the TIMATIC Visa Database
- Currency: Turkish Lira (TRY) – $1USD = 1.87 TRY
Tips for saving when using credit cards at international destinations:
- No Foreign Transaction Fee Credit Cards to save on international purchases
- Don’t get hit with Dynamic Currency Conversion
- Get your taxes refunded when shopping